admin level can't add software

hello everybody,
i'm running nt 4.0 workstation. i have admin level
access but when i try to install new software the process
fails and i get a message saying i don't have enough space
in the temp directory to install software, i have to
contact the system admin (that's me). why is it doing
this and how do i get around it. i've checked my access
level and have tried using other admin level accounts. i
was able to get the windows updates but when i tried to
update my office 2000 files i got the same error message.
thanks for the help.
2 answers Last reply
More about admin level software

    Sounds like the drive may be full.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "ron" wrote:
    | hello everybody,
    | i'm running nt 4.0 workstation. i have admin level
    | access but when i try to install new software the process
    | fails and i get a message saying i don't have enough space
    | in the temp directory to install software, i have to
    | contact the system admin (that's me). why is it doing
    | this and how do i get around it. i've checked my access
    | level and have tried using other admin level accounts. i
    | was able to get the windows updates but when i tried to
    | update my office 2000 files i got the same error message.
    | thanks for the help.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    at that time i had over 400 mb of space available on the
    drive. i don't see why that wouldn't be enough for a 25
    mb app. am i missing something?

    newsgroup.
    >Microsoft Certified Professional
    >Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    >http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    >"ron" wrote:
    >| hello everybody,
    >| i'm running nt 4.0 workstation. i have admin level
    >| access but when i try to install new software the
    process
    >| fails and i get a message saying i don't have enough
    space
    >| in the temp directory to install software, i have to
    >| contact the system admin (that's me). why is it doing
    >| this and how do i get around it. i've checked my access
    >| level and have tried using other admin level accounts.
    >| was able to get the windows updates but when i tried to
    >| update my office 2000 files i got the same error
    message.
    >| thanks for the help.
    >|

    >.

Workstations Microsoft Software Windows