logon scripts

We have a NT4 domain and have a few logon scripts....to
set time..to install SAV, etc. These are just small bat
files. Is there a way to do drive mappings in a logon
script that would be created based on the users NT Global
Group membership? Reason being we have a Citrix farm we
are trying to bring up. There are various published apps
that the users will run. However to run these apps they
need various drive mappings on the Citrix server. I don't
want to go through the hassle of having to logon as
everyone of these users and create drive mappings for
all. I would prefer to be able to do this through the bat
logon scripts if possible. If anyone knows how to do
this, and the syntax, it would be appreciated.

John

John Skarja wrote:

> We have a NT4 domain and have a few logon scripts....to
> set time..to install SAV, etc. These are just small bat
> files. Is there a way to do drive mappings in a logon
> script that would be created based on the users NT Global
> Group membership? Reason being we have a Citrix farm we
> are trying to bring up. There are various published apps
> that the users will run. However to run these apps they
> need various drive mappings on the Citrix server. I don't
> want to go through the hassle of having to logon as
> everyone of these users and create drive mappings for
> all. I would prefer to be able to do this through the bat
> logon scripts if possible. If anyone knows how to do
> this, and the syntax, it would be appreciated.
>
> John

Joh, that's a fairly standard thing to do. Many people use ifmember.exe
from the Resource Kit to test for group membership.

hth
--
Ricardo M. Urbano
Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP