Windows NT4.0 Server and Large Capacity Hard Drive

I need help. I just built an NT4.0 Server and added a large capacity slaved hard drive, however the OS doesn't recognize the drive. What, if anything can I do to get the OS to recognize the drive?

Thanks

Lesol7 wrote:

> I need help. I just built an NT4.0 Server and added a large capacity slaved hard drive, however the OS doesn't recognize the drive. What, if anything can I do to get the OS to recognize the drive?
>
> Thanks

How big a drive are we talking? Does the BIOS recognize the entire
drive. Is it IDE and larger than 7.8GB? If so, make sure you are
running at least SP4 and not using any 3rd party IDE drivers (such as
the one included w/ Iomega Tools for ZIP and Jazz drives).

hth
--
Ricardo M. Urbano
Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP