nt 4 & device manager

This may sound like a dumb question but how do I get to
the device manager in NT4. Its not under system or
hardware profiles.
3 answers Last reply
More about device manager

    There is no Device manager in NT 4.0. basically all you
    have is Services and Drivers.

    Shawn

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    connie wrote:

    > This may sound like a dumb question but how do I get to
    > the device manager in NT4. Its not under system or
    > hardware profiles.

    Shawn is correct. I really liked NT4, but this was one of the things
    that I think everyone really disliked. In the Control Panel, you will
    see different applets for different devices (SCSI controllers,
    Multimedia, Ports, Printers, etc.)

    hth
    --
    Ricardo M. Urbano
    Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP

    Ricardo M. Urbano - W2K/NT4 MVP wrote:
    > connie wrote:
    >>
    >> This may sound like a dumb question but how do I get to
    >> the device manager in NT4. Its not under system or
    >> hardware profiles.
    >
    > Shawn is correct. I really liked NT4, but this was one of the
    things
    > that I think everyone really disliked. In the Control Panel, you
    will
    > see different applets for different devices (SCSI controllers,
    > Multimedia, Ports, Printers, etc.)

    On the other hand, after all the experiences with the Device MAngler
    under Win9x I found the absence of such a thing in NT4 a real
    advantage... *ggg*

    Helmut
    --
    All typos © My Knotty Fingers Ltd. Capacity Dept.

Hardware Device Manager Microsoft Windows