  • Data Recovery
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 11, 2004 6:30:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have XP Home Edition. I tried to apply SP1a but then crash in the process.

When it rebooted, it cannot pass the XP Home Welcome screen.
When I boot it in 'Save Mode', the last command is ...Drivers\Mup.sys, it
stays there about
15-20seconds and then it restarted back again.

I tried to use the CD for recovery but it did not show that there are any XP
installation?
Perhaps I corrupted a file or files that identified it as the OS. Can you
guys tell me of what files could be that I might corrupt them? Thanks

All I want is that using the OS recovery and keep all the Apps structure
intact. In fact, there are only one user on the machine beside the
Administrator.

Thanks

More about : recovery

August 11, 2004 6:30:46 AM

Here are a couple of steps that you can try to resolve the
issue :
1. Try to restart the computer in the recovery console
using the XP Recovery Disk.
2. use the command chkdsk /p
3. followed by chkdsk /r

if there are any problems in the HDD that might be fixed .

Harry

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 10:15:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

This forum has extensive posts with various solutions, expand to read all messages.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1047532372

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/