Help recovery....

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have XP Home Edition. I tried to apply SP1a but then crash in the process.

When it rebooted, it cannot pass the XP Home Welcome screen.
When I boot it in 'Save Mode', the last command is ...Drivers\Mup.sys, it
stays there about
15-20seconds and then it restarted back again.

I tried to use the CD for recovery but it did not show that there are any XP
installation?
Perhaps I corrupted a file or files that identified it as the OS. Can you
guys tell me of what files could be that I might corrupt them? Thanks

All I want is that using the OS recovery and keep all the Apps structure
intact. In fact, there are only one user on the machine beside the
Administrator.

Thanks

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Here are a couple of steps that you can try to resolve the
issue :
1. Try to restart the computer in the recovery console
using the XP Recovery Disk.
2. use the command chkdsk /p
3. followed by chkdsk /r

if there are any problems in the HDD that might be fixed .

Harry

This forum has extensive posts with various solutions, expand to read all messages.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1047532372

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/