Found.000

bill

I was looking at my directory last night and saw this folder in the root directory:

Found.000 which contains other files in it:
File0000.chk
File0001.chk
File0002.chk
File0003.chk

This folder was apparantly created 02.28.04

Any input would be helpful!

Thanks

They are from CheckDisk. During boot up your machine scaned the drives and
found some corupt or lost file fragments and created found.000 to copy them
to.
You might want to scan through them to see if you may need/want some of
them.

--
Yor Suiris
Remove the kNOT to reply.
"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was looking at my directory last night and saw this folder in the root
directory:

> Found.000 which contains other files in it:
> File0000.chk
> File0001.chk
> File0002.chk
> File0003.chk
>
> This folder was apparantly created 02.28.04
>
> Any input would be helpful!
>
> Thanks

bill

I am planning to do an upgrad to 2k is this going to be a problem you think?

Thanks,

Bill
----- Yor Suiris wrote: -----

They are from CheckDisk. During boot up your machine scaned the drives and
found some corupt or lost file fragments and created found.000 to copy them
to.
You might want to scan through them to see if you may need/want some of
them.

--
Yor Suiris
Remove the kNOT to reply.
But it is best to share it with the group.
"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was looking at my directory last night and saw this folder in the root
directory:
>> Found.000 which contains other files in it:
> File0000.chk
> File0001.chk
> File0002.chk
> File0003.chk
>> This folder was apparantly created 02.28.04
>> Any input would be helpful!
>> Thanks

delete them if you aren't missing anything related to the
dates they were created.

Well it does suggest there maybe a problem with your hard drive. So you
might want to consider a new one before upgrading. You can only expect about
five years out of a hard drive.
On the other hand if your NT is working fine then those files are not
important to the System. And should not affect the upgrade. However they
maybe important to you (i.e. letters, docs, images, etc.,).