Recovering Data From Hard Drive

During an installation of software to our main server, my
computer's hard drive "crashed" and had to be replaced. No
other computers in the network were affected - Lucky Me!
Some of the drives from the old hard drive were copied
onto a local drive on the new hard drive.
Since that time, some valuable files were lost (cause
unknown) from the netowrk and I have had to reconstruct
the files manually working (16) hours a day for the past
two weeks. There is no end in sight.
Our administrator has been unable to locate these files on
the main server.
On my old hard drive (which I still have), these files
were mapped from the main server onto one of my local
drives. Can these files be recovered from the old drive,
even though the drive was a network-connection type, and
copied onto a CD-ROM; I realize that this would have to be
done by a professional.

Thanks In Advance For Any Help,
Tom

HAGGIS

"Tom Sekelsky" <toms@corrycontract.com> wrote in message
> During an installation of software to our main server, my
> computer's hard drive "crashed" and had to be replaced. No
> other computers in the network were affected - Lucky Me!
> Some of the drives from the old hard drive were copied
> onto a local drive on the new hard drive.
> Since that time, some valuable files were lost (cause
> unknown) from the netowrk and I have had to reconstruct
> the files manually working (16) hours a day for the past
> two weeks. There is no end in sight.
> Our administrator has been unable to locate these files on
> the main server.
> On my old hard drive (which I still have), these files
> were mapped from the main server onto one of my local
> drives. Can these files be recovered from the old drive,
> even though the drive was a network-connection type, and
> copied onto a CD-ROM; I realize that this would have to be
> done by a professional.
>
> Thanks In Advance For Any Help,
> Tom

if you are so inclined , i have had some success by finding an identical
drive and swapping the PCB to the "crashed" drive to get it to work again.

if the platters are damaged , yes, you will need professional help and quite
a stack of $$ to retrieve your data