Windows XP Pro Workstation On Windows NT 4.0 server Network

I have a 15 user network (ethernet 10/100) that has a Windows NT 4.0 server. I have new software that requires Windows 98 or higher on the workstation. Currently, the workstation in question is Windows 95. I do not have a Windows 98 upgrade, so we want to replace the workstation with a Windows XP Pro. Will this workstation connect properly and execute on the netwotk with the NT 4.0 server?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows workstation windows server network

    Yes, you'll likely need to bind NetBIOS over tcp/ip to your network
    connection.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Stephen" wrote:
    |I have a 15 user network (ethernet 10/100) that has a Windows NT 4.0
    server. I have new software that requires Windows 98 or higher on the
    workstation. Currently, the workstation in question is Windows 95. I do not
    have a Windows 98 upgrade, so we want to replace the workstation with a
    Windows XP Pro. Will this workstation connect properly and execute on the
    netwotk with the NT 4.0 server?

Servers Workstations Windows NT Windows XP Windows