Wireless Card Snafu

Scott

My wife has a new Gateway M320S notebook with WinXP Pro. Today, I
was playing a .swf clip by opening it in IE. I set it up to "always
open .swf files with IE". Then I took the url of another .swf and
copied it to IE and hit enter. I saw a bunch of numbers scrolling
down the screen, and the notebook crashed. After rebooting, it said
it had "recovered from a serious error". After that, the Broadcom
built-in wireless card on the computer couldn't find my wireless
network. (I checked my home Linksys wireless router, and it connected
fine with another laptop). I "restored" the notebook to an earlier date,
but no change. On the new laptop, when I tired to "repair" the wireless
connection, it suggested checking the BIOS to see if the wireless card
was turned on. So I went into the BIOS. The "wireless solutions"
setting was on "Restore". I changed the Wireless Power Setting to "On".
After rebooting, it found the wireless network, and everything started
working perfectly

I'm glad the problem is solved. But, I'm wondering... what happened??

Thanks!
Scott

Looks like you just got a cool new virus.
--PA