Sign in with
Your question

OMG! Intel to buy AMD!

Last response: in Forum Feedback
May 26, 2006 12:30:50 AM

Seriously!

Link.

Quote:
AMD has filed for bankruptcy and has sought Chapter 11 protection after it had revealed that it was sustained mostly by institutionalised, systematic, and well-planned accounting fraud.

After learning about this Intel bought AMD for an undisclosed amount of money, rumoured to be 10 billion dollars.

Intel said they would retain all of AMDs 18,000 employees.

The war is over! Rejoice!

More about : omg intel buy amd

May 26, 2006 12:36:17 AM

There are those of us who realize that Dell just pumped a bunch of cash into AMD. Now with HP, Dell, Sun And IBM they are the second soucre for X86 and FIRST SOURCE for X64 servers.

MS just made X64 a staple in PCs by stating that X64 will be in their apps by next year.

Good joke, though. I bet some folks had heart attacks.
May 26, 2006 12:47:13 AM

Heheh, nice !
Related resources
a c 111 À AMD
a c 110 å Intel
May 26, 2006 12:51:09 AM

I knew it was BS as soon as I saw the subject, but I was kinda interested in reading a good fabricated story.

Oh well, the link was only to the Inquirer's website with no story.
May 26, 2006 12:51:55 AM

i wouldnt believe anything that came from that site.
May 26, 2006 1:03:17 AM

Quote:
Seriously!

Link.

AMD has filed for bankruptcy and has sought Chapter 11 protection after it had revealed that it was sustained mostly by institutionalised, systematic, and well-planned accounting fraud.

After learning about this Intel bought AMD for an undisclosed amount of money, rumoured to be 10 billion dollars.

The war is over! Rejoice! :lol: 
May 26, 2006 1:08:42 AM

LOL; that's funny. It's the best laugh I've had all since I woke this morning and saw my hair in the mirror :oops: 
May 26, 2006 1:19:26 AM

You did this to piss off mike didn't you :lol:  ? Man he is going to get his I.P. banned by Fredi if he doesn't stop his nonsense. Does he really think anyone will take him seriously when he acts like that?
May 26, 2006 1:23:21 AM

Im sure he has already been IP banned. He is probably going through a proxy. Regardless, Action Man probably just tried to see if he could get him to make a new account already since his last account (created today) has already been banned.

That boy has some serious issues. He really needs to get some help.
May 26, 2006 1:24:39 AM

Quote:
Im sure he has already been IP banned. He is probably going through a proxy. Regardless, Action Man probably just tried to see if he could get him to make a new account already since his last account (created today) has already been banned.

That boy has some serious issues. He really needs to get some help.
QFT
May 26, 2006 1:34:20 AM

I was expecting this. :lol: 
May 26, 2006 2:06:36 AM

dont be a fag action man, this is one of the reasons y all the serious ocers/ tech ppl all moved away
May 26, 2006 2:08:32 AM

Lighten up. Its the most awesome joke thread ever posted.

Quote:
this is one of the reasons y all the serious ocers/ tech ppl all moved away

Like?
May 26, 2006 2:10:38 AM

Quote:

Like?

It would have been better if you said AMD bought 40% of Intel's stock with a loan from Dell and cancelled the Conroe.
May 26, 2006 2:13:16 AM

See thats unbelieveable, my story was believeable and funny.
May 26, 2006 2:13:26 AM

Quote:

Like?

It would have been better if you said AMD bought 40% of Intel's stock with a loan from Dell and cancelled the Conroe. I can't believe I thought Intel buying out AMD was about as unrealistic as you could get in the tech world, apperantly not...
May 26, 2006 2:13:53 AM

cool.
interesting article id: 696969
May 26, 2006 2:34:49 AM

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that. :lol: 

Quote:
You did this to piss off mike didn't you?

Not really, just for laughs. I was thinking of taking it way further but decided the effort required wasn't worth it, perhaps if I do another joke thread I will.

Quote:
I knew it was BS as soon as I saw the subject, but I was kinda interested in reading a good fabricated story.

I wanted to do that but it was too much effort and I lack the tools.

Quote:
egardless, Action Man probably just tried to see if he could get him to make a new account already since his last account (created today) has already been banned.

Nah hes easy to spot regardless. He draws attention to himself.

My quote section was mainly taken from the wikipedia articles on enron and AMD.
May 26, 2006 2:46:20 AM

good one, made my day after being stressed
May 26, 2006 3:31:42 AM

Quote:
See thats unbelieveable, my story was believeable and funny.

You're right the funniest thing was that I didn't see the article number. Aaaa the joys of URLs.
May 26, 2006 4:47:09 AM

Quote:
Seriously!

Link.

Does anybody have the corporate headquarters address of TheEnquirer? I'm going to go in with an AR10 and mow down every last editor...
May 26, 2006 6:00:27 AM

Action Man, i think your brain is seriously damaged with overclocking. Find a better cooler if you want to survive on this forum.
May 26, 2006 6:40:45 AM

I think Action man been shock by a 650watt power supply. But to see 1000 or more people look at the tread was funny.
May 26, 2006 7:09:59 AM

This is stupider than an inside joke spread over the web.

Get a napkin kid, yer drooling on your lap again.
May 26, 2006 7:17:01 AM

Quote:
This is stupider than an inside joke spread over the web.

Get a napkin kid, yer drooling on your lap again.

Shut up noob.

Quote:
But to see 1000 or more people look at the tread was funny.

Hell yes!

Quote:
Action Man, i think your brain is seriously damaged with overclocking. Find a better cooler if you want to survive on this forum.

Lame.
May 26, 2006 7:26:17 AM

Dont listen to the haters Action Man I thought it was funny as hell :)  the only reason they got upset is they beleived it for a second hehehehe

Although one good thing would come of it if it was true :)  IF and thats a big if. AMD and Intel's engineers could work together on an awesome CPU I think they could come up with something fantastic. But odds are that they would just "synergy" the life out of any competitive spirit they had :(  Anyway I liked this thread :) 
May 26, 2006 7:32:41 AM

Thanks. You rock, same with all the other people who laughed.
May 26, 2006 7:33:13 AM

Quote:
Seriously!

Link.

Does anybody have the corporate headquarters address of TheEnquirer? I'm going to go in with an AR10 and mow down every last editor...

Sure, you could use an AR10, but it would be far more l337 if you used an AK47.
May 26, 2006 9:23:44 AM

Say the word INTEL before each word.

1 - Intel
2 - About
3 - Talking
4 - Idiot
5 - This
6 - Got
7 - I
8 - Long
9 - How
10 - Look

Now say the word INTEL After each word

1 - Intel
2 - About
3 - Talking
4 - Idiot
5 - This
6 - Got
7 - I
8 - Long
9 - How
10 - Look

Now say the word INTEL before AND after each word.

1 - Intel
2 - About
3 - Talking
4 - Idiot
5 - This
6 - Got
7 - I
8 - Long
9 - How
10 - Look

Now read just the words upwards from the bottom.

1 - Intel
2 - About
3 - Talking
4- Idiot
5 - This
6 - Got
7 - I
8 - Long
9 - How
10 - Look
Anonymous
May 26, 2006 9:44:16 AM

Meh. Who reads the inquirer anyway.
May 26, 2006 10:14:47 AM

hey newbie, WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU LOOK AT WHEN ACTION MAN JOINED FFS.
May 26, 2006 10:15:41 AM

i've said it before you need to go see Barbie and get some R&R release that inner tension you posess
May 26, 2006 10:40:49 AM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  You got me there!

Although Im not in favor of etheir side, still if this is true then that would be really sucks. Because now then, pretty much Intel is the only one selling cpu and then they raise the price and we will be all f*cked.

It's funny though.....
May 26, 2006 10:54:36 AM

Quote:
still if this is true then that would be really sucks. Because now then, pretty much Intel is the only one selling cpu and then they raise the price and we will be all f*cked.

Shut up.

Made me giggle, the funny part is though that actually do it. Theyy put money into AMD's stocks before they release something big, and then sell when they have skyrocketed. IIRC then Intel do it with a few companies.
May 26, 2006 11:28:36 AM

Quote:
Although one good thing would come of it if it was true Smile IF and thats a big if. AMD and Intel's engineers could work together on an awesome CPU I think they could come up with something fantastic. But odds are that they would just "synergy" the life out of any competitive spirit they had Sad Anyway I liked this thread

Google is planning on lauching a cpu to work together with their GoogleOS. Then Intel and AMD will join to fight google's domination
May 26, 2006 11:50:13 AM

Quote:
Say the word INTEL before each word.

1 - Intel
2 - About
3 - Talking
4 - Idiot
5 - This
6 - Got
7 - I
8 - Long
9 - How
10 - Look

Now say the word INTEL After each word

1 - Intel
2 - About
3 - Talking
4 - Idiot
5 - This
6 - Got
7 - I
8 - Long
9 - How
10 - Look

Now say the word INTEL before AND after each word.

1 - Intel
2 - About
3 - Talking
4 - Idiot
5 - This
6 - Got
7 - I
8 - Long
9 - How
10 - Look

Now read just the words upwards from the bottom.

1 - Intel
2 - About
3 - Talking
4- Idiot
5 - This
6 - Got
7 - I
8 - Long
9 - How
10 - Look

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I've had enough "Intel" for the rest of my life! :p 
May 26, 2006 12:32:22 PM

You evil bastard action figurine! I nearly crapped myself, and i say nearly 'cause if it was a tom's headline i would have.
May 26, 2006 12:43:18 PM

How will they ever get the kiddies off this forum? Neverending useless posts using precious bandwidth by supergeeks who have no life.
There should be rules that require you to be at least 12 to enter this forum, dont ya think? :lol: 
May 26, 2006 1:07:32 PM

I think it's actually rather entertaining that this forum ISN'T just dry technology buffs going back and forth. There's plenty of that elsewhere. The fact that you can come to these forums and LEARN and be ENTERTAINED simultaneously makes it more unique.

Having been a tech for 12 years I've had enough dry boring-ness to last me ...the rest of my life. I'm glad I can stop by these forums and LEARN AND BE ENTERTAINED

...P.S. Since I'm a noob I can get away with caps for this one and only post.
May 26, 2006 1:49:08 PM

When I saw the title, I thought someone got some accounting docs and showed a # of Opterons to be put in a new Intel Datacenter ;) 

Now that's believable :) 

After all, hotmail ran on Unix for god knows how long...

It's a good rumor starter though. Soon you'll see articles like, "Rumors of Intel to buy AMD abound." on Hexus and Anandtech.
May 26, 2006 5:31:19 PM

AMD isnt even nearly worth as much as 10 billion :wink:
May 26, 2006 5:57:43 PM

Can you link to the actual article on the Inquirer? I didn't see it anywhere on the Inq's home page that you linked to.
May 26, 2006 6:08:05 PM

Exactly, I'm about to disappear myself, you?
May 26, 2006 6:47:52 PM

Quote:
Can you link to the actual article on the Inquirer? I didn't see it anywhere on the Inq's home page that you linked to.

Now, I vote for this as the funniest post in this thread. :D 
May 26, 2006 6:48:31 PM

Quote:

Now, I vote for this as the funniest post in this thread. :D 
May 26, 2006 6:49:19 PM

Quote:
Seriously!

Link.

You know what? This is very believable. More believable than Reverse Hyperthreading anyway. I bet this is how those rumors spread too...
May 26, 2006 6:54:38 PM

Wow, you really think THIS is more believable? Wait a second, George W got re-elected. I concede the point.
May 26, 2006 7:18:30 PM

They took away his sock puppet, slinky, and keyboard. (what? I had nothing to do with that!!)
Now he's resorting to this out of shear boredom.
Get a life kiddo.
The mods wont be happy.
May 26, 2006 7:50:24 PM

Quote:
Loved the article number you used. :lol: 

I thought it was a total copycat.
May 26, 2006 7:54:56 PM

I thought that he had seen this as a joke story on the Inquirer. I wanted to read it and laugh my ass off.
!