Radiation emits from the components

droom

Distinguished
May 17, 2004
We all know from the past that CRT monitors used to emit some forms of radiation from the back of the screen, so if exposed for a long period of time, it would do harm to the human health.

Nowadays, LCD emits alot less of that, but still, MB and the CPU, and the component inside of the computer still emits some of that radiation, but at what type? could it be Alpha? I don't think its as bad as Beta, or is it?

What do you think?

Maybe I am being paranoid, but I could be not, long term exposure to the computer, such as myself that works with computer and the console is right next to me, now that after some years of accumulation, I'm beginning to feel the effect of it.

Any comments are welcome.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Thats stupid....everything emits raditation of some kind or another....

in fact right now your body is being slammed into by millions of sub atomic particles at near light speeds....they pass right through you....but they could do harm....who knows?

Dont worry about it

dorion

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2005
How would your computer make (dangerous, like greater than ultraviolet )radiation? Don't you need extremely high AC Hz to do that.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
How would your computer make (dangerous, like greater than ultraviolet )radiation? Don't you need extremely high AC Hz to do that.

EVERYTHING has radiation of some kind....yes some are worse then others, like taking 40,000 xrays a day everyday would kill you pretty quickly.....but our own bodies have raditation within the structure of it all holding it together.

DONT WORRY ABOUT REDICULOUS THINGS!
Worrying about computers giving you cancer is like worrying about the air your breathe. Unless you are prepared to move to an area with clean air, or preapred to move to an island with no elctronics....there is no point in worrying.

The most dangerous part about computers is the internet....