Closed

Are there blank carbonless paper for laser printer?

First the reasons why I don't like the other invoice forms. The
invoice books sold by Staples don't have my company name on it. Print
shops can add my company logo but ask for a minimum of 5000 sets when
I need no more than 200. Buying a dox matrix printer is unlikely due
to limited office space and technical know-how.

Normally I type up the invoice on my PC and print a copy for my
customer. But sometimes I have to go to a customer's site and fill
the invocie there. That's when I need two-part invoice. One part
for my customer and one part for me.

So I wantend to print my inovice form on two blanck carbonless paper
with my HP laserjet printer. Then I can take it to a customer's site.
The two would work together when I write out the invoice. Also I
wonder if carbonless paper can damage a laserjet printer?
12 answers Last reply
More about blank carbonless paper laser printer

    Ezo <Ezo@webcab.com> writes:
    > First the reasons why I don't like the other invoice forms. The
    > invoice books sold by Staples don't have my company name on it. Print
    > shops can add my company logo but ask for a minimum of 5000 sets when
    > I need no more than 200. Buying a dox matrix printer is unlikely due
    > to limited office space and technical know-how.

    Try some other printing places. You should be able to find one that
    will make less than 5000. 200 might be too few, but typing "two part
    invoice" into Google immediately found a place that will do 500.

    > So I wantend to print my inovice form on two blanck carbonless paper
    > with my HP laserjet printer. Then I can take it to a customer's site.
    > The two would work together when I write out the invoice. Also I
    > wonder if carbonless paper can damage a laserjet printer?

    I don't see how a laser printer can possibly print both layers of the
    invoice. You could do something cheesy like print clear labels with
    your company logo and stick those onto blank invoice forms, but I'd
    say you're better off just getting carbonless invoices printed at a
    print shop.

    In article <7xekkbq6o9.fsf@ruckus.brouhaha.com>,
    Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:

    > > So I wantend to print my inovice form on two blanck carbonless paper
    > > with my HP laserjet printer. Then I can take it to a customer's site.
    > > The two would work together when I write out the invoice. Also I
    > > wonder if carbonless paper can damage a laserjet printer?
    >
    > I don't see how a laser printer can possibly print both layers of the
    > invoice.

    I don't think he wants it to. I think he wants to print his company
    logo onto it, and then use the two sheets to hand-write an invoice.

    Ezo wrote:
    > First the reasons why I don't like the other invoice forms. The
    > invoice books sold by Staples don't have my company name on it. Print
    > shops can add my company logo but ask for a minimum of 5000 sets when
    > I need no more than 200. Buying a dox matrix printer is unlikely due
    > to limited office space and technical know-how.
    >
    > Normally I type up the invoice on my PC and print a copy for my
    > customer. But sometimes I have to go to a customer's site and fill
    > the invocie there. That's when I need two-part invoice. One part
    > for my customer and one part for me.
    >
    > So I wantend to print my inovice form on two blanck carbonless paper
    > with my HP laserjet printer. Then I can take it to a customer's site.
    > The two would work together when I write out the invoice. Also I
    > wonder if carbonless paper can damage a laserjet printer?

    A two part form has encapsulated chemicals that serve as a carbon layer.
    The pin hits the forms and releases the chemicals which make the second
    copy.

    The second copy is a MECHANICAL process.

    Laserjet printing doesn't have tiny little hammers that place the toner
    onto the page and smash it to fix it permanently.

    Without the mechanical impact, no two part form will develop an image on
    the second part.

    Does this hit home?

    In article <uun9m09i4rc96glfr557hcoeh9v4jikfp2@4ax.com>, Ezo@webcab.com
    says...

    > So I wantend to print my inovice form on two blanck carbonless paper
    > with my HP laserjet printer. Then I can take it to a customer's site.
    > The two would work together when I write out the invoice. Also I
    > wonder if carbonless paper can damage a laserjet printer?

    There is carbonless for laser printers, it's a heavier weight stock than
    regular carbonless..http://www.graytex.com/blank-invoices.htm

    Most cut size paper comes in a ream/package of 500 sheets, there is no
    reason a print shop can't run off one package for you. Try some of the
    quick print shops.
    --
    "Trust me, I do this all the time"
    Mike M

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:37:50 -0500, jbuch <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net>
    wrote:

    >A two part form has encapsulated chemicals that serve as a carbon layer.
    >The pin hits the forms and releases the chemicals which make the second
    >copy.
    >
    >The second copy is a MECHANICAL process.
    >
    >Laserjet printing doesn't have tiny little hammers that place the toner
    >onto the page and smash it to fix it permanently.
    >
    >Without the mechanical impact, no two part form will develop an image on
    >the second part.
    >
    >Does this hit home?

    What I mean is I just use laser printer to print on a blank carbonless
    sheet. Once for each sheet. Then I'll have a two-part form ready.
    Then I just hand-write the order at a customer's site.

    I found these Xerox paper at Officemax might work. Basically we just
    copy the custom made form onto the paper. But the pack is expensive.
    $200+. Again. I don't need that many.

    http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expansionOID=-536879516&prodBlockOID=58058

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:35:47 GMT, Mike M <d_michael_m@hottmaill.com>
    wrote:

    >There is carbonless for laser printers, it's a heavier weight stock than
    >regular carbonless..http://www.graytex.com/blank-invoices.htm

    This sounds good. I'll check it out.

    Ezo <Ezo@webcab.com> wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:35:47 GMT, Mike M <d_michael_m@hottmaill.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>There is carbonless for laser printers, it's a heavier weight stock than
    >>regular carbonless..http://www.graytex.com/blank-invoices.htm
    >
    > This sounds good. I'll check it out.

    Or you could just find some carbon paper! Print your two copies, stick
    the carbon between, and write your changes.

    They still make that blue stuff that's used in receipt pads.

    Ezo wrote:

    > First the reasons why I don't like the other invoice forms. The
    > invoice books sold by Staples don't have my company name on it. Print
    > shops can add my company logo but ask for a minimum of 5000 sets when
    > I need no more than 200. Buying a dox matrix printer is unlikely due
    > to limited office space and technical know-how.
    >
    > Normally I type up the invoice on my PC and print a copy for my
    > customer. But sometimes I have to go to a customer's site and fill
    > the invocie there. That's when I need two-part invoice. One part
    > for my customer and one part for me.
    >
    > So I wantend to print my inovice form on two blanck carbonless paper
    > with my HP laserjet printer. Then I can take it to a customer's site.
    > The two would work together when I write out the invoice. Also I
    > wonder if carbonless paper can damage a laserjet printer?

    Carbonless paper is pretty thin paper, much thinner than ordinary
    photocopy paper, and I think you'll find it won't feed through a laser
    without bunching up and jamming in the paper path. I tried to print on
    block paper, the kind that students use, and it just wouldn't feed.

    Colin.

    "Ezo" <Ezo@webcab.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:37:50 -0500, jbuch <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net>
    > wrote:
    > >
    > >A two part form has encapsulated chemicals that serve as a carbon layer.
    > >The pin hits the forms and releases the chemicals which make the second
    > >copy.
    > >
    > >The second copy is a MECHANICAL process.
    > >
    > >Laserjet printing doesn't have tiny little hammers that place the toner
    > >onto the page and smash it to fix it permanently.
    > >
    > >Without the mechanical impact, no two part form will develop an image on
    > >the second part.
    > >
    > >Does this hit home?
    >
    > What I mean is I just use laser printer to print on a blank carbonless
    > sheet. Once for each sheet. Then I'll have a two-part form ready.
    > Then I just hand-write the order at a customer's site.
    >
    > I found these Xerox paper at Officemax might work. Basically we just
    > copy the custom made form onto the paper. But the pack is expensive.
    > $200+. Again. I don't need that many.

    Don't know your locale, I'm in the U.S. Detroit, MI. I buy the kind of paper
    you're looking for at Millcraft Paper Company (was Standard Paper Company).
    They use to ship, don't know if they still do. Their phone number is
    313-963-9163. I don't use a lot and the last time I made a purchase, a ream
    (500 sheets, 250 sets) was less than $20US. Ask for their NCR paper.

    David
  10. hey its difficult to get quality print on carbonless paper because laser printer can't support 2ncr paper. if you wanna use then you have to get print one by one and then use thickness between both printed paper :D but if you need that stuff for official purpose then get carbonless forms from online printing company they will give you quality printed stuff at affordable price visit here http://www.printingblue.com/carbonlessforms-printing.asp to buy quality carbonless forms.
  11. For about 6 years I worked for an organization that used pre-colatted carbon-less colored paper for purchase orders, and various laser printers worked just fine.
  12. If your just looking to print your own forms, YOU CAN do so with any home printer.
    Blank NCR forms come in different parts. There are 2 Part Forms, 3 Part Forms and so on. The forms come in standard sequences. 2 Part NCR Carbonless Forms are White/Yellow. 3 Part Forms are White/Yellow/Pink and so on. When you buy the paper, the ream will come with the yellow sheet on top followed by white (for the 2 part).
    This is the correct sequence for the printing of the form. When you insert the NCR paper into your printer, you will insert it face up just as it comes out of the ream. The yellow prints face up first followed by the white paper. I recommend printing one set of forms and testing it with a pen after printing. After you print the NCR Forms, you will have to pad the sheets. I wouldn't pad any less than 50 forms. Put the forms on a piece of chipboard and also place a piece of chipboard on top. Place the chipboard/ream sandwich on a table that will be O.K. to get messy. You will want the side that you want to be glued on the edge of the table. To keep the sheets in place, rest a brick or 2 on top of the printed paper, with the bricks flush with the edge of the gluing side of the paper.
    Next, take a chip brush and paint the glue onto the edge of the paper that you want bound.
    Sheets should be dry and ready to use in an hour or two.

    I know this, because I am a printer and we do these types of forms every day.
    IMHO, I would go to a print shop and get forms done.

    At our shop we sell in quantities as low as 100 sets and offer free shipping. We also do free setup on our standard invoices, proposals, etc...

    Of course, I am biased and have done a lot of do it yourself projects myself.

    You can check it our at http://Jiffyforms.com

Printers Laser Printer Peripherals