Backup

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Hi
I am running NT Backup - windows backup 5.0 (by Veritas) -
and I overwrite old backup files with new backup files.
When I set my backup on a scheduler - it always comes up a
media overwrite alert - "are you sure you want to
overwrite this file" - is there any way of automatically
saying yes to this prompt for a scheduled backup?
Thanks

HAGGIS

"Heather" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am running NT Backup - windows backup 5.0 (by Veritas) -
> and I overwrite old backup files with new backup files.
> When I set my backup on a scheduler - it always comes up a
> media overwrite alert - "are you sure you want to
> overwrite this file" - is there any way of automatically
> saying yes to this prompt for a scheduled backup?
> Thanks

I'm guessing ...no manual?

there is probably a switch you can use...have a look at their site ..it has
manuals

http://www.veritas.com/Products/van?c=product&refId=57#qrg

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Thanks - I have sorted it out. Veritas couldn't help us
because it is Microsoft supported - but I managed to find
some help because it is packaged in with Windows 2000 now.