Time synchronization

Is it possible to synchronize a NT 4 SP6a clients clock/time to an PDC NT 4
Server SP6a clock/time?

Danny
3 answers Last reply
More about time synchronization

    Sure thing - I find the easiest way is to create a batch file containing the command net time \\computername. Then schedule the batch to run at your convenience. That way it is automatically synchronized. You can find out more by opening a command prompt and type net time.

    /John
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Thanks John for the reply ...when I type in the following syntax "NET TIME
    [COMPUTERNAME | /DOMAIN[:NAME]] [/SET]" I get the following message "The
    filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." I have tried
    various different combination of the "NET TIME" command parameters and still
    no synchronization. Does the message mean anything to you?

    Danny

    "JayDee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Sure thing - I find the easiest way is to create a batch file containing
    the command net time \\computername. Then schedule the batch to run at your
    convenience. That way it is automatically synchronized. You can find out
    more by opening a command prompt and type net time.

    > /John
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Never mind....I have got it working...all I did was leave out " |
    /DOMAIN[:NAME]] " and it worked. I did add a "/Y" and the end so I wouldn't
    get prompted to set the time.

    Danny

    "Danny" <dannyrobinson@canada.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks John for the reply ...when I type in the following syntax "NET TIME
    > [COMPUTERNAME | /DOMAIN[:NAME]] [/SET]" I get the following message "The
    > filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." I have
    tried
    > various different combination of the "NET TIME" command parameters and
    still
    > no synchronization. Does the message mean anything to you?
    >
    > Danny
    >

    > "JayDee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Sure thing - I find the easiest way is to create a batch file containing
    > the command net time \\computername. Then schedule the batch to run at
    your
    > convenience. That way it is automatically synchronized. You can find out
    > more by opening a command prompt and type net time.
    > >
    > > /John

Microsoft Servers Windows