Sign in with
Your question

ASUS A8N-E does not POST with VGA card in PCI Slot

Last response: in Motherboards
November 18, 2005 11:55:35 AM

Hello

I'm trying to install a new system with the ASUS A8N-E MB and a PCI VGA Card with a ATI 9250 chipset.

The system does not beep, nor display anything on screen. The system seems to be 'alive' though, as when i hit the reset button the cdrom audibly does something.

Could it be that the MB does no longer support PCI VGA cards?

Any help welcome!
Thanks
Steve
November 18, 2005 1:17:10 PM

Take all of the unnecessary equipment of off the motherboard (sound card, cd-rom, video card) and check to make sure u installed the internal speakers correctly. Then see if it makes any beeps when starting.
December 1, 2005 10:01:56 PM

also check you have put "both" power supplies into the motherboard. I slapped myself something silly when I spotted my mistake :-)
Related resources
December 2, 2005 3:42:54 PM

some time you must specify the vga boot device priority in the bios.

set it to pci.
December 25, 2005 6:07:48 PM

dont know if this is valid for the ASUS A8N-E, but often if i place the harddrives wrong on a IDE-cable, i use to get a blackscreen. this is most valid for older mobo's i guess, but it sure made me crazy =p
a b V Motherboard
December 27, 2005 6:02:57 AM

My GOD HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS DO I HAVE TO TELL THIS TOO: A PERSON CAN'T CHANGE BIOS OPTIONS IF THEY CAN'T SEE THE SCREEN!!!
December 27, 2005 10:41:45 PM

8O You're serious!!! Just like peoples complaining about raid/sata drivers that cause a motherboard to hang at HDD detection ...
!