Installing windows error

I have just decided to reinstall windows xp on my machine
so have booted from the disk and followed the onscreen
instructions to partion and format my drive, only when i
get to the screen after the licence agreement it says
that i cant contie with my upgrade as there is no
previous version of windows installed, obvioulsy there
isnt as i have just removed the partitions it was on and
its a fresh install not an upgrade. The disk is original
and has been used a few times by myself when doing fresh
installs on my machines, does anyone have any ideas what
has happened, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
3 answers Last reply
More about installing windows error

    Hi Carlo:
    That message means that you are using and Windows XP UPGRADE... you can
    continue the installation inserting in any of the drives a CD or diskette
    that contain a previous MS OS... like a windows 2000 or any other...

    Cheers
    JP

    --------------------------

    "Carlo Mullen" wrote:

    > I have just decided to reinstall windows xp on my machine
    > so have booted from the disk and followed the onscreen
    > instructions to partion and format my drive, only when i
    > get to the screen after the licence agreement it says
    > that i cant contie with my upgrade as there is no
    > previous version of windows installed, obvioulsy there
    > isnt as i have just removed the partitions it was on and
    > its a fresh install not an upgrade. The disk is original
    > and has been used a few times by myself when doing fresh
    > installs on my machines, does anyone have any ideas what
    > has happened, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thank You

    The disk is an origianl windows xp pro which i have used
    several times to install from, i am certain its nt an
    upgrade just wondering why its startng to ask for this
    all of sudden, i dont have any other copies of windows
    just this one.

    Can anyone help me please?

Windows XP