Installing windows error

August 11, 2004 9:30:18 AM

I have just decided to reinstall windows xp on my machine
so have booted from the disk and followed the onscreen
instructions to partion and format my drive, only when i
get to the screen after the licence agreement it says
that i cant contie with my upgrade as there is no
previous version of windows installed, obvioulsy there
isnt as i have just removed the partitions it was on and
its a fresh install not an upgrade. The disk is original
and has been used a few times by myself when doing fresh
installs on my machines, does anyone have any ideas what
has happened, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
August 11, 2004 11:47:03 AM

Hi Carlo:
That message means that you are using and Windows XP UPGRADE... you can
continue the installation inserting in any of the drives a CD or diskette
that contain a previous MS OS... like a windows 2000 or any other...

Cheers
JP

--------------------------

"Carlo Mullen" wrote:

> I have just decided to reinstall windows xp on my machine
> so have booted from the disk and followed the onscreen
> instructions to partion and format my drive, only when i
> get to the screen after the licence agreement it says
> that i cant contie with my upgrade as there is no
> previous version of windows installed, obvioulsy there
> isnt as i have just removed the partitions it was on and
> its a fresh install not an upgrade. The disk is original
> and has been used a few times by myself when doing fresh
> installs on my machines, does anyone have any ideas what
> has happened, any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank You

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 12:03:56 PM

The disk is an origianl windows xp pro which i have used
several times to install from, i am certain its nt an
upgrade just wondering why its startng to ask for this
all of sudden, i dont have any other copies of windows
just this one.

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 7:42:39 AM

Can anyone help me please?