Installing windows error

Tags:
  • Windows XP
August 11, 2004 9:30:18 AM

I have just decided to reinstall windows xp on my machine
so have booted from the disk and followed the onscreen
instructions to partion and format my drive, only when i
get to the screen after the licence agreement it says
that i cant contie with my upgrade as there is no
previous version of windows installed, obvioulsy there
isnt as i have just removed the partitions it was on and
its a fresh install not an upgrade. The disk is original
and has been used a few times by myself when doing fresh
installs on my machines, does anyone have any ideas what
has happened, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

More about : installing windows error

August 11, 2004 11:47:03 AM

Hi Carlo:
That message means that you are using and Windows XP UPGRADE... you can
continue the installation inserting in any of the drives a CD or diskette
that contain a previous MS OS... like a windows 2000 or any other...

Cheers
JP

--------------------------

"Carlo Mullen" wrote:

> I have just decided to reinstall windows xp on my machine
> so have booted from the disk and followed the onscreen
> instructions to partion and format my drive, only when i
> get to the screen after the licence agreement it says
> that i cant contie with my upgrade as there is no
> previous version of windows installed, obvioulsy there
> isnt as i have just removed the partitions it was on and
> its a fresh install not an upgrade. The disk is original
> and has been used a few times by myself when doing fresh
> installs on my machines, does anyone have any ideas what
> has happened, any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank You

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 12:03:56 PM

The disk is an origianl windows xp pro which i have used
several times to install from, i am certain its nt an
upgrade just wondering why its startng to ask for this
all of sudden, i dont have any other copies of windows
just this one.

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 7:42:39 AM

Can anyone help me please?