Slow network over 100MB fibre

Hi,

We've got an NT4 network with 100 MB fibre (both cards and switch) but
for some reason the network seems really slow. I don't think it's the
load, but copying a 5MB file takes about 10 seconds, which seems a bit
slow to me).
Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Timboi
1 answer Last reply
More about slow network 100mb fibre

    Try playing with the Full Duplex settings. Sometimes auto-negotiate fails.
    Look on the internet for more info about this settings and the issues
    involving it.

    Matt

    "Timboi" <middlesbrough@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We've got an NT4 network with 100 MB fibre (both cards and switch) but
    > for some reason the network seems really slow. I don't think it's the
    > load, but copying a 5MB file takes about 10 seconds, which seems a bit
    > slow to me).
    > Any help would be great.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Timboi