Slow network over 100MB fibre

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 1, 2004 2:21:22 AM

Hi,

We've got an NT4 network with 100 MB fibre (both cards and switch) but
for some reason the network seems really slow. I don't think it's the
load, but copying a 5MB file takes about 10 seconds, which seems a bit
slow to me).
Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Timboi
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 2:41:11 PM

Try playing with the Full Duplex settings. Sometimes auto-negotiate fails.
Look on the internet for more info about this settings and the issues
involving it.

Matt

!