My Motherboard Doesn't Exist?

Kenobi

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2005
So, I've physically looked at it (and its little sticker), gone to a bunch of web sites, downloaded programs, and so forth, and everything says my motherboard is an Asustek "A7S266-VX." However, when I go to Asus' web site and do the look-up, it isn't on there. Would somebody tell me what's going on?

pat

Expert
So, I've physically looked at it (and its little sticker), gone to a bunch of web sites, downloaded programs, and so forth, and everything says my motherboard is an Asustek "A7S266-VX." However, when I go to Asus' web site and do the look-up, it isn't on there. Would somebody tell me what's going on?

Yeah.. and what about google??? You know, it is a great tool too!

Kenobi

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2005

Yeah.. and what about google??? You know, it is a great tool too!

I've tried Google, hence why I've come to you. :mrgreen:

Amd4ever

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2001
Is this a pre-built computer like Compaq? If so, then it might be a semi-proprietary mobo for OEM's.

A7S266-VM seems to be the closest match.

Kenobi

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2005
Is this a pre-built computer like Compaq? If so, then it might be a semi-proprietary mobo for OEM's.

A7S266-VM seems to be the closest match.

Well, it's what came with my old Sony (model number PCV-RX741) that I bought from Fry's Electronics. The funny thing is, when I checked the manual online at sony.com, it became apparent that I was supposed to have a different motherboard after I looked at pictures (through Google =D) of what the spec sheet said should be in there, but I decided that it was much more likely that I messed up somewhere.

See, the real problem is that I have a graphic card that inexplicably doesn't work (and curiously can't be identified beyond being an ATI card) and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the motherboard. If you're wondering (and I know you aren't), the reason I got the video card was because when I bought the game Civilization IV, everything worked but some of the topography tiles. So that's the background.

How about this: I've tried a few things to identify my motherboard, so could anybody recommend a program to do it perhaps? A few programs, possibly? =D