Xerox Docuprint P12

I have this oldish Xerox P12 laser printer that has worked away over the
years, but has suddenly died.

It powers up, there is a brief whirr and all the LED's come on. The
management software just says "in use". According to the Xerox site, my
only move now is to call out a technician. Obviously the printer is old
so this wouldn't be sensible. At the same time, I have a substantial
amount of money invested in spare consumables.

I have dismantled the machine and had a look round, but not found
anything obvious. It looks quite clean and the switches I could get to
seemed to work.

I suppose no-one here can suggest any source for service info or
manuals, or can offer any hints as to what to target inside the machine.
I'm told that the print engine is the same as an HP Laserjet IIP, but
the casing and pcb are Xerox's version.

Thanks.

--
Bill Holt

Is this just a P12 or is it a P1202 or P1210?

I have service manuals for the above 2 machines.

paul@manuals4you.com

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:17:43 +0100, Bill Holt
<bill@itsound.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I have this oldish Xerox P12 laser printer that has worked away over the
>years, but has suddenly died.
>
>It powers up, there is a brief whirr and all the LED's come on. The
>management software just says "in use". According to the Xerox site, my
>only move now is to call out a technician. Obviously the printer is old
>so this wouldn't be sensible. At the same time, I have a substantial
>amount of money invested in spare consumables.
>
>I have dismantled the machine and had a look round, but not found
>anything obvious. It looks quite clean and the switches I could get to
>seemed to work.
>
>I suppose no-one here can suggest any source for service info or
>manuals, or can offer any hints as to what to target inside the machine.
>I'm told that the print engine is the same as an HP Laserjet IIP, but
>the casing and pcb are Xerox's version.
>
>Thanks.

Want to Fix Something?

http://www.manuals4you.com