FTP cd problem

Hi all,

Just installed a set of security patch on server A
MS02-001 (Q299444)
MS02-014 (Q313829)
MS02-017 (Q312895)
MS02-024 (Q320206)
MS02-045 (Q326830)
MS02-048 (Q323172)
MS02-050 (Q329115)
MS02-055 (Q323255)
MS03-001 (Q810833)
MS00-084 (Q278499)
MS03-013 (Q811493)
MS03-023 (Q823559)
MS03-024 (Q817606)
MS03-029 (Q823803)
MS03-034 (Q824105)
MS03-041 (Q823182)
MS03-043 (Q828035)
MS03-044 (Q825119)
MS03-045 (Q824141)
MS04-006 (Q830352)
MS04-007 (Q828028)
MS04-011 (Q835732)
MS04-012 (Q828741)
Server A has a shared folder SHARED. On server B, we have IIS FTP installed. One FTP site is configured to this share. Before applying the patches on server A, users ftp to server B and access the folder SHARED.
Here's the problem, on folder SHARED has a folder named SSI Files. when user executes cd SSI Files it says it can't find the path. But when SSI Files is enclosed in "" such as, cd "SSI Files" it works.
What seems to be the cause to this? Thanks for any help you may extend.

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBWaWxsZXph?=
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> on folder SHARED has a folder named SSI Files. when user executes
> cd SSI Files it says it can't find the path. But when SSI Files is
> enclosed in "" such as, cd "SSI Files" it works. What seems to be
> the cause to this? Thanks for any help you may extend.

The problem is the space character in the directory name. Without the
quotes, the space character is interpreted as a delimiter and causes
the program to execute a "cd SSI" command. With the quotes, the space
character is interpreted as being part of the directory name.

HTH,
John

I understand that, but you see before we applied the said patches. User can access SSI Files directory by simply typing cd SSIFil~1.