Overclocking Rig Improvements?

Binximus

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2005
Hi guys just need some advise on this oc build im gonna be puting together in afew weeks...heres what ive been looking at:

CPU: AMD Opteron 146 Socket 939 (hopefully CANBE or CABYE depending on what I can get a hold of)
Mobo: DFI Lanparty UT nForce4 SLI-DR
Memory: OCZ Platinum PC3200 1Gig EL DC DDR Dual Channel
Videocard: Cheapest 7800gtx I can find
Storage: Seagate 200Gig 7200.9 SATA
Optical: LG 16x DVD+R GSA-4167B
PSU: OCZ Powerstream 520W
Case: Thermaltake Armor VA8000

And a first question: I was browsing through the dfi website and the lanparty boards and on the specs opty's werent listed...so are they compatable with this board or what? coz arnt they basically just a beefed up athlon64 to start with?? :?

Anyone see any room for improvements and also a good suggeston for a cpu cooler would be great...

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
You are the first person in a long time that i can say...

PERFECT!

Get a SI-120 with this fan FAN CLICKY HERE It pushes 100+cfm but it also comes with a fan controller so you can run it as quiet as you need to. because sometimes 60cfm gets as much cooling as 100cfm....its just nice to have th extra when you need it

Also the opteron will work in that DFI board

Personally i wouldn't go with the SLI board, i would just go with the Ultra-D but its alright if you do. some of the SLI boards have the better chipsets for OC'ing because they were hand selected....who knows?

Binximus

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2005
You are the first person in a long time that i can say...

PERFECT!

Get a SI-120 with this fan FAN CLICKY HERE It pushes 100+cfm but it also comes with a fan controller so you can run it as quiet as you need to. because sometimes 60cfm gets as much cooling as 100cfm....its just nice to have th extra when you need it

hehe thx :D btw, thats 1 monster of a heatsink!!! should do the job quite nicely

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
and oh will that fan just screw on or like attach itself to the heatsink somehow? :?

it has a special clip that will clamp around it using the holes to secure it.

if it doesn't have the holes get a drill and just put some holes in there.....

Also if you have the money....hook me up with some...lol, but you could get a 24" dell LCD that is BOMB! a lot of LCD have issues with ghasting but not this one. If you want something 24" its about $900 right now but you can find coupons online to get it to around 750-800. If you have more money....get a 37" 1080P(highest hig definition pssoble, most TVs are 1080i) Westinghouse from bestBuy for 1899

are you good for speakers? I like the Z5500's and maybe a X-fi sound card to get you a great top of the line sound too....

Want a mouse and keyboard? i know a good one....

Binximus

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2005
ummmm may as well list em...going for the whole package so to speak lol
oh and could you suggest a new desk to put this all on :lol: j/k's lol

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Actually the Jerker desk from Ikea is great....it has a nice litrle cutout in the front so you can have more arm support while typing and using your mouse...it gives you a cockpit feel

I have the Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 and its great, the mouse is wirelss and recharges on the base so no batteries for the mouse and the keyboard has bombass feaures like skipping the ability to control winamp(or any media source) from it so you dont have to use your mouse when typing.

For sound cards....the CLICKY or the CLICKY would be great for your speakers

I love the Z5500's but some people like the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 but they are $100 more and if they are better its like 5% better...and 5% to me isn't worht 100 bucks.

ALl that hooked up toa Westinghouse 37" 1080P HDTV....you will be big ballin beyond words.

Binximus

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2005
ALl that hooked up toa Westinghouse 37" 1080P HDTV....you will be big ballin beyond words.

wish that screen was an option :( that thing costs like 4-5 grand here in australia!! and i mean who actually spends that much?

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
WTF!! it costs $1899US in bestbuy RIGHT NOW....is your money really 2.5 times ours? or is that just companies crapping on you nice folks down under.

I am honestly looking into getting one....I work for BestBuy so i can get it for $1440+tax....and for 37", best HD res possible....i would be the man.

But i would have to sell my car to be able to buy that...lol, but its nice to dream.

Check prices from dell for a 2405 for you....24" screen HELLA good.
If those are too much, you will have to find your own choice for that.....

I am all about the full solution, also on this forum i work on commission as well.....you owe me about $70us....sorry.....You can PM me for my addy to send it...LOL! :lol:

Binximus

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2005
WTF!! it costs $1899US in bestbuy RIGHT NOW....is your money really 2.5 times ours? or is that just companies crapping on you nice folks down under.

some retail stuff here is insanely over priced!! so much better to try find companies that international ship but thats not always an option coz then u'll have customs crapping on you to pay import costs n stuff and i doubt u'd b able to get a company to spoof the invoice and declare it worth like 100 bucks lol... :( but then again ebay! lol :lol:

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Hell i can get it as BestBuy for $1440us....I would ship that to you and delcare it a cheapo LCD for $200....

I can't stand when companies do that, that just fuckss with everyone....Thats not cool at all. BTW whats does hersheys Choc cost you? i heard that choc was HELLA exspensive. I will ship you some, I used to live about 15min from Hershey PA....and anywhere in the US its cheap.

the AUS dollar is roughly $1.35us
So a 1899 LCD from BestBuy SHOULD cost you $2600.

Send me $2600 and i will ship the LCD is yours on the first UPS plane our to you.......LOL!!!

Binximus

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2005
BTW whats does hersheys Choc cost you? i heard that choc was HELLA exspensive

i dont think ive even ever seen hersheys choc for sale here in aus!! LOL well if they do, i havnt seen it nor ever tasted it!

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004

i dont think ive even ever seen hersheys choc for sale here in aus!! LOL well if they do, i havnt seen it nor ever tasted it!

HERSHEYS IS AN AMERICAN TRADITION!!

My ex-g/f had a cousin that is american and moved to Aus, she said a small choc bar was like $8Aus and its like 59 cents here.

Now i feel almost required to ship you a case of choc bars.

What kinds of Choc do you have there if not hersheys??

Binximus

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2005

HERSHEYS IS AN AMERICAN TRADITION!!

My ex-g/f had a cousin that is american and moved to Aus, she said a small choc bar was like $8Aus and its like 59 cents here.

Now i feel almost required to ship you a case of choc bars.

What kinds of Choc do you have there if not hersheys??

ummm here we have cadbury

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Do you even know what Hersheys Chocolate is? ever heard of it? Tased it? smeared it all over your wife/girlfriend and eating it off? ANYTHING?!?!?!

Binximus

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2005
Do you even know what Hersheys Chocolate is? ever heard of it? Tased it? smeared it all over your wife/girlfriend and eating it off? ANYTHING?!?!?!

hahaha yea ive heard of it but never eaten it before lol..geez now ur makin me feel deprived :( lol

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004

hahaha yea ive heard of it but never eaten it before lol..geez now ur makin me feel deprived :( lol

YOU SHOULD FEEL THAT WAY!!!

Honestly its the not the best choc i the world...but its Choloate for the people....its great choc. And yu could buy a lot for the price of a small taste of Godvia.

It's a shame you haven't ever had any.....

Ever heard of or had....

Almond joy
5th Avenue
Heath
Pot of Gold(boxed choc's)
Hershey's Kisses
Kit-Kat
Krackel
Milk Dudes
Mounds
Me Goodbar
Nuggets