office xp to office 97 in nt

Our organisation is soon due to receive Windows XP,
currently working with Windows NT. There seems to be an
opinion that any office document be it .xls, .doc etc
created in XP cannot be viewed in Windows NT. This may be
a problem if correct as a lot of our customers will still
be functioning with NT. Can anyone advise me if what I
have heard is correct?
1 answer Last reply
More about office office

    The operating system has nothing to do with files created in Office. You are
    upgrading the operating system, are you upgrading the Office package also?

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Steve Mckenna" <hqseme-sa@hqatra.mod.uk> wrote in message
    > Our organisation is soon due to receive Windows XP,
    > currently working with Windows NT. There seems to be an
    > opinion that any office document be it .xls, .doc etc
    > created in XP cannot be viewed in Windows NT. This may be
    > a problem if correct as a lot of our customers will still
    > be functioning with NT. Can anyone advise me if what I
    > have heard is correct?

Windows NT Office Windows XP Windows