viewing sceneries

hi
i downloaded sceneries like LAX3, HAITI, FRANKFURT.
i installed them in the library.
please tell me how do i see them during flight and how can i take off
from those aiports if they do not figure in the normal airport list ?
please help
thanks

No doubt someone moore expert will improve on this advice, but if the
scenery is inside FS9 OK then you need to turn on FS and in the first screen
which is called CREATE A FLIGHT,
Select Settings/
Scenery Library/
Add Area/
then find your new scenery folders and click on one of them/
OK/
Do the same for any other new scenery folders/
OK/
Check that the new scenery appears in the Scenery Area list with a red tick
against it/
OK/
Now exit the flight sim and start it up again. The new scenery will only
work after you have done this.

It all seems a bit of a pain, but soon becomes second nature when you have
installed a few more sceneries.

Good luck :)

Quilljar

Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm Photos 1952-60

http://client.webshots.com/album/204003612QQUuDJ

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:07:13 -0000, "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

>No doubt someone moore expert will improve on this advice, but if the
>scenery is inside FS9 OK then you need to turn on FS and in the first
>screen which is called CREATE A FLIGHT..
>
>Select Settings/
>
>Scenery Library/
>
>Add Area/
>then find your new scenery folders and click on one of them/ OK/
>
>Do the same for any other new scenery folders/ OK/
>
>Check that the new scenery appears in the Scenery Area list with a red tick against it/ OK/
>
>Now exit the flight sim and start it up again. The new scenery will only
>work after you have done this. It all seems a bit of a pain, but soon becomes
>second nature when you have installed a few more sceneries.
>
>Good luck :)

In addition to what Quilljar has advised.. the general way to install
the scenery is by unzipping to the ADDON SCENERY folder.

However this method cam become a confusing mess if a LOT of scenery
is acquired. Here's a file structure that works GREAT for organizing
the three types of scenery.. create the following folders under FS2004

* /SCENE

* /SCENE - Land Class

* /SCENE - Mesh

Now place your addin scenery in appropriate group.. note the generic
SCENERY and TEXTURE subfolders. Using " - " pairs will raise folder to
top of list.

/SCENE (new folder)
- Taxiway Signs -
- Time Zones -
Albany
Albany Binghamton Scranton Hartford
Antarctica
Atlanta
Baltimore
Cleveland 2003
Maiquetia
Ohio airports
Orlando
/SCENERY
*.bgl
/TEXTURE
*.bmp

/SCENE - Land Class (new folder)
Argentine
California Land Class 2
Ecuador
Florida
FSGenesis Land Class USA - beta
. . .

Switzerland Land Class
Toronto
UK Land class
/SCENERY
*.bgl

/SCENE - Mesh (new folder)
30m Finger Lakes, NY
30m Pennsylvania
70m Global Terrain - EA
70m Global Terrain - EB
70m Global Terrain - EC
. . .

Venezuela 76m
Yemen 76m
SCENERY
/*.bgl

After all of your addin .bgl and .bmp are sorted in this way.. then
use FS2002 or FS2004 Scenery menu to ADD and prioritize the features.
Now the dozens of scenes will be well organized and manageable.

-Gregory

p.s. FS may crash to desktop when using built-in scenery menu.. it
means the utility was unable to `digest' the edits or changes that you
made. Simply restart FS and do again.. good to let FS menu parse by
hitting OK for each change.. then re-enter menu. The it can
successfully change as save .cfg