Deploying 100 Windows 2000 workstations in a Windows NT do..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

HI!

How to deploy as fast as can 100 fresh installations of Windows 2000
workstations in a windows NT domain.

The 100 workstations have 3 different hardware configurations.

Best solution where to patch an image of windows 2000 workstation with the
newest service pack + up-to-date security packs and import this to the
workstations.

Is this possible?
I know this is not so realistics due to that they are 3 different hardware
configurations.

Or offer Microsoft an image that include already all up-to-date security
packs + up-to-date service pack (we are Microsoft GOLD Partner).

To handel this we can add some new server to this Windows NT domain. (win
2003?!? . SMS.. SUS ?!?!)

Can this deployment be done automatically?

Have someone any experience how to handle this huge installation?

Kind regards,

gicio

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

an idea:

patch only the windows 2000 workstation image witch SP 4.

Add a SUS server to the domain and setting the 100 workstations so that they
get all updates at all from the SUS server?

what do you think about this idea?

or do you have a better idea how to handle this?

kind regards,

gicio

<gicio@gmx.de> wrote in message news:e14Zmr6TEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> HI!
>
> How to deploy as fast as can 100 fresh installations of Windows 2000
> workstations in a windows NT domain.
>
> The 100 workstations have 3 different hardware configurations.
>
> Best solution where to patch an image of windows 2000 workstation with the
> newest service pack + up-to-date security packs and import this to the
> workstations.
>
> Is this possible?
> I know this is not so realistics due to that they are 3 different hardware
> configurations.
>
> Or offer Microsoft an image that include already all up-to-date security
> packs + up-to-date service pack (we are Microsoft GOLD Partner).
>

> To handel this we can add some new server to this Windows NT domain. (win
> 2003?!? . SMS.. SUS ?!?!)
>
> Can this deployment be done automatically?
>

> Have someone any experience how to handle this huge installation?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> gicio

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

Sysprep