DLL Initialization Failure - user32.dll

matt

I am running Windows NT 4.0 Server, and it is only used as a print server. Recently, and error message pops up and here is what it says:

On the title bar: HPBPRO.EXE - DLL Initialization Failed

And then a red X icon to indicate and error.

Then in the window it says:
Initilization of the dynamic link library
C:\WINNT\system32\USER32.dll failed. The process is termination abnormally.

And then an "ok" button.

Many of these same error messages/windows pop up all the time, and a million clicks of the OK button to get rid of them because there are so many. I have no idea what is causing this. Nothing seems to be wrong. If i click it it goes away and there is no problems. It is just very annoying. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Matt

techjosh

Did you ever figure this out? I am receiving the same error on my
NT4.0 SP6a print server. Mine only comes up once in a while, though.
I have not been able to tie this error to anything in the Event logs
either. I'm certain it has to do w/ an HP printer driver conflict,
but I cannot pinpoint the source.

"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1AEE8916-5233-4CE6-A007-FBC297B4DC48@microsoft.com>...
> I am running Windows NT 4.0 Server, and it is only used as a print server. Recently, and error message pops up and here is what it says:
>
> On the title bar: HPBPRO.EXE - DLL Initialization Failed
>
> And then a red X icon to indicate and error.
>
> Then in the window it says:
> Initilization of the dynamic link library
> C:\WINNT\system32\USER32.dll failed. The process is termination abnormally.
>
> And then an "ok" button.
>
> Many of these same error messages/windows pop up all the time, and a million clicks of the OK button to get rid of them because there are so many. I have no idea what is causing this. Nothing seems to be wrong. If i click it it goes away and there is no problems. It is just very annoying. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> Matt

TRENDING THREADS