Bluetooth question

August 26, 2004 2:43:41 AM

Hello,

I just ordered a Dell Axim for use with my iMac (and work PC) based on some
help from this group. I should be able to get on our wireless network at
work with no problem, but I am looking for a solution at home.

I would like to use bluetooth at my home, but I am not sure what kind of
range it has. I only need to get about 15-20 feet away from my computer.
Will bluetooth be sufficient for this? I know I might have to go 802.11,
but

1. I don't want to spring for the Apple Airport, and
2. getting a Mac friendly router is difficult, especially one that also
supports xbox live

If it helps, my current setup is DSL, linksys 4 port Ethernet router, iMac
and Xbox connected to it.

thanks,
MIKE T

More about : bluetooth question

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 11:21:11 PM

The Axim has Class 2 Bluetooth with a range of 10m so it shoudl be fine.
Configuration with an Imac i'm not sure about.

!