Blizzard Previews Giant Diablo III 1.0.4 Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
They need PVP to keep it alive.

Personally... it was my first Diablo game, and it will probably be my last. Beating the game and only being level 30 didn't make me want to beat the game another 2-3 times to get to the max level.

wiggers

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hmm. Can't see the 'can play without constant internet connection' improvement. Perhaps on the next patch.

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Playing a single player campaign with network lag is just ridiculous.

After playing Normal and Nightmare, single and co-op, it just stopped being fun after going through the third time. Especially when the game just becomes frustrating, and doesn't reward you enough to have you keep pushing forward. Why in the hell would my Shaman want to use an item with dexterity? Give me health or intelligence, dammit! My friends and I couldn't imagine the hate that would be generated if we went through Inferno. Slowly, what used to be daily sessions now became a sporadic pickup game, and even then the games wouldn't last for more than an hour.

Haven't played in almost two months now. Back to League of Legends, and Super Monday Night Combat.

The problem isn't their DRM, it's the lack of an end game, besides Inferno. Your character stops progressing in skills and stats at Hell, which doesn't take that long to beat. You get one last difficulty, which becomes nothing but a gear check.

Without level progression, without the need to create multiple characters to try something different, without some sort of reward system in place, other than the increasingly rare chance to get something worth using or selling on the AH due to no item ever leaving the ecosystem, making what is considered decent more and more rare, players become bored and or frustrated.

Without something to keep people playing, the game becomes old fast. These changes won't keep people playing. It could actually speed people along to quit earlier, because they should more easily beat inferno.

G

Can't play this game. Beat it through once, reached level 35, spent $20 on the RMAH for godly gear. No motivation to play whatsoever. Needs to be more sandbox oriented.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]muahahha Skidrow diablo 3 is all I needed and NOT one cent went to Blizzard! I win ^_^[/citation]if a game that isnt worth buying Original, it isnt worth wasting ur time pirating at all. Spend ur time elsewhere on games u actually bought. Pirating it is only telling Blizzard that you want the game but u wont pay for it. Boycotting it all together by not touching it at all is telling them to change.

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]if a game that isnt worth buying Original, it isnt worth wasting ur time pirating at all. Spend ur time elsewhere on games u actually bought. Pirating it is only telling Blizzard that you want the game but u wont pay for it. Boycotting it all together by not touching it at all is telling them to change.[/citation]
I can't say the game is bad. I have played many other games that cost nearly the same, for far less time. It just can't keep you hooked like D2 could, or other online games can.

theabsinthehare

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
They just keep making the game easier and easier and easier and easier. At least those of us that beat inferno back before any of the nerfs have the time stamp on our achievement. Inferno is supposed to be stupid difficult, hence "Inferno."

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Sadly, this game was a complete flop.
They made a hype about it for something like 4 years. Finally when they released it it was a disaster.
They completely failed on the characters, you can get Normal and Nightmare pretty easily, finally, you reach Hell and it becomes difficult. Your character feels the pinch of the terrible (almost non existent) drops the monsters give you. Once you get through Hell you get to Inferno which become frustratingly impossible.
That's for all characters. Then if we want to look at the individual characters and how they are so badly built, you get a barbarian who is next to impossible to fight with in Hell over a Monk who can clear Hell ponies alone.

It's as if Blizzard decided that they got fed up of having D3 on the drawing board and just put it out there.

It's sad because Diablo 2 was a monumental accomplishment in terms of gameplay, replay value, and entertainment.

Had they stuck to the roots of the game I think that this game could have surpassed all expectations, unfortunately, it completely failed. Everyone I know who bought this game stopped playing it with the same reaction.

The game is terribly designed, there's no replay value, it's too hard, no matter how much I play I can't ever get good drops. The game itself is boring in terms of maps and quests.

No PvP is terrible.

I firmly believe that RMAH is also another reason why this game failed so badly. They put so might time and effort into making it work because they make a profit out of every sale they completely forgot about the game.

I personally would have much rather seen a complete revamp HD remake of D2 than have waited 10 years for D3 which makes me seriously question the competence of the guys behind the drawing boards.

Shame on you Blizzard for making a game that was supposed to top D2, but instead put out a game that failed miserably.

In the eyes of the company what counts are sales. In the eyes of the consumer what counts is the game.

Blizzard wins because the numbers say the game is a block buster. Sadly, this isn't the case for the fan base, anyone who knows D1 and D2 knows that D3 is a flop.

I guess we now have to wait another 10 years to see if they can make up for their failure.

theabsinthehare

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]audi911[/nom]Sadly, this game was a complete flop. They made a hype about it for something like 4 years. Finally when they released it it was a disaster.They completely failed on the characters, you can get Normal and Nightmare pretty easily, finally, you reach Hell and it becomes difficult. Your character feels the pinch of the terrible (almost non existent) drops the monsters give you. Once you get through Hell you get to Inferno which become frustratingly impossible. That's for all characters. Then if we want to look at the individual characters and how they are so badly built, you get a barbarian who is next to impossible to fight with in Hell over a Monk who can clear Hell ponies alone. It's as if Blizzard decided that they got fed up of having D3 on the drawing board and just put it out there. It's sad because Diablo 2 was a monumental accomplishment in terms of gameplay, replay value, and entertainment. Had they stuck to the roots of the game I think that this game could have surpassed all expectations, unfortunately, it completely failed. Everyone I know who bought this game stopped playing it with the same reaction. The game is terribly designed, there's no replay value, it's too hard, no matter how much I play I can't ever get good drops. The game itself is boring in terms of maps and quests. No PvP is terrible. I firmly believe that RMAH is also another reason why this game failed so badly. They put so might time and effort into making it work because they make a profit out of every sale they completely forgot about the game. I personally would have much rather seen a complete revamp HD remake of D2 than have waited 10 years for D3 which makes me seriously question the competence of the guys behind the drawing boards. Shame on you Blizzard for making a game that was supposed to top D2, but instead put out a game that failed miserably. In the eyes of the company what counts are sales. In the eyes of the consumer what counts is the game. Blizzard wins because the numbers say the game is a block buster. Sadly, this isn't the case for the fan base, anyone who knows D1 and D2 knows that D3 is a flop. I guess we now have to wait another 10 years to see if they can make up for their failure.[/citation]

The game was pretty lame, I'll admit that, but it had nothing to do with difficulty. Hell was pretty easy. Too easy. Inferno was just right. Beat hell without ever grinding for gear and I beat inferno with minimal grinding. Regardless, they were supposed to be really difficult. That was the idea. In fact, Blizzard made it a point that Inferno was going to be extremely difficult before the game even came out, then everyone was all "OMG THIS IS TOO HARD!!! T_T"

Difficult isn't for everyone. The weird thing is, nobody complains that they can't beat the hardest difficulty levels of other games. They just don't play those difficulty levels, because they aren't good enough to beat them. Like, nobody whined that they couldn't beat Halo on legendary. But, for whatever reason, everyone felt like they were entitled to be able to beat Inferno, and that since they couldn't, it should be made easier. *shrug*

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I agree they did say Inferno would be hard. I totally agree on that. However, what they didn't say was it was going to be hard because the way they set items to drop would be irrational.
Granted, dropping good items all the time would make it easy, dropping half decent items almost never makes it badly thought out.
It fun to play the game and beat on the enemies without dying even if it takes a half hour to kill them.
What's boring is dying every 3 seconds. Repairing, dying, repairing, dying.

In the end though the game did/does suck. Not only for the difficulty but for everything else that came along with it.

Maybe we just thought it would be too much like D2 and we are disappointed that it didn't follow in the D2 footsteps.

It's just too bad that they didn't listen to the fans and worked on the game for so long only to release a flop.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
D3 is dead for me, exact the same story. No random maps worthy of the name over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over - How entertaining! D2 were far more long living, yes the story was just the same BUT the dungeons/outdoor was different each time and the character still progressed after the hardest level was beat. There are two of the major faults in D3 beside that Blizzard wants you to play half the game in AH!

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]They need PVP to keep it alive.Personally... it was my first Diablo game, and it will probably be my last. Beating the game and only being level 30 didn't make me want to beat the game another 2-3 times to get to the max level.[/citation]
that's a big part of my problem with it, being forced to beat it on easy mode aka normal only took 3-5 days.
now i am bored and done with it after coasting 1/2 way thru it in 3-4 hours on the harder modes.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Problem with D3 is that they tried to design a D2 - WoW -hybrid around the AH, when they should have designed AH ( or similar ) around an improved D2. The core design elements of the game are flawed for long term play, and the game will only get marginally better without fully revamping it. Good news is, they can still fix annoyances like mobs that kill you from off screen without a warning, or mobs that are otherwise unavoidable & strong.

I made a comment here before release stating my belief that D3 would be a good game but with little replayability. Unfortunately, I was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.