Unable to find my Wireless Network Name although it is wor..

I am unable to locate my OWN Wireless Network Name at [View Available
Wireless Networks].
However, it is showing at:
(1) [Wireless Network Connection PROPERTIES ----Preferred Networks…]
(2) [Wireless Network Connection STATUS] as Connected & Excellent
in
Signal strength.
Any recommendations/suggestions as how to fix this problem are much
appreciated.

mtik2000

PS: OS & Adapter Info:
- MS WindowsXP Professional TC Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
-Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter (using the Windows XP Wireless
Zero Configuration Utility) to connect to the Internet via a Wireless
Access Point.

Just to make it clear, do you have the latest, greatest driver for the
Linksys USB?
--PA

"mtik2000" wrote:
> I am unable to locate my OWN Wireless Network Name at [View Available
> Wireless Networks].
> However, it is showing at:
> (1) [Wireless Network Connection PROPERTIES ----Preferred Networks…]
> (2) [Wireless Network Connection STATUS] as Connected & Excellent
> in
> Signal strength.
> Any recommendations/suggestions as how to fix this problem are much
> appreciated.
>
> mtik2000
>
> PS: OS & Adapter Info:
> - MS WindowsXP Professional TC Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
> -Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter (using the Windows XP Wireless
> Zero Configuration Utility) to connect to the Internet via a Wireless
> Access Point.

Yes. " WUSB54Gv4". It is the same as the driver for download at the
Manufacturer's Website.
I can connect to the Internet as soon as I log on to WinXP Pro. But I just
can't see my SSID inside the [View Available Wireless Networks in the range]
window.

"Pavel A." wrote:

> Just to make it clear, do you have the latest, greatest driver for the
> Linksys USB?
> --PA
>
> "mtik2000" wrote:
> > I am unable to locate my OWN Wireless Network Name at [View Available
> > Wireless Networks].
> > However, it is showing at:
> > (1) [Wireless Network Connection PROPERTIES ----Preferred Networks…]
> > (2) [Wireless Network Connection STATUS] as Connected & Excellent
> > in
> > Signal strength.
> > Any recommendations/suggestions as how to fix this problem are much
> > appreciated.
> >
> > mtik2000
> >
> > PS: OS & Adapter Info:
> > - MS WindowsXP Professional TC Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
> > -Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter (using the Windows XP Wireless
> > Zero Configuration Utility) to connect to the Internet via a Wireless
> > Access Point.

Niklas

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

perhaps you have set the AP not to broadcast it's ssid?

/Niklas

"mtik2000" <mtik2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes. " WUSB54Gv4". It is the same as the driver for download at the
> Manufacturer's Website.
> I can connect to the Internet as soon as I log on to WinXP Pro. But I
> just
> can't see my SSID inside the [View Available Wireless Networks in the
> range]
> window.
>

> "Pavel A." wrote:
>
>> Just to make it clear, do you have the latest, greatest driver for the
>> Linksys USB?
>> --PA
>>
>> "mtik2000" wrote:
>> > I am unable to locate my OWN Wireless Network Name at [View Available
>> > Wireless Networks].
>> > However, it is showing at:
>> > (1) [Wireless Network Connection PROPERTIES ----Preferred
>> > Networks.]
>> > (2) [Wireless Network Connection STATUS] as Connected &
>> > Excellent
>> > in
>> > Signal strength.
>> > Any recommendations/suggestions as how to fix this problem are much
>> > appreciated.
>> >
>> > mtik2000
>> >
>> > PS: OS & Adapter Info:
>> > - MS WindowsXP Professional TC Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
>> > -Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter (using the Windows XP
>> > Wireless
>> > Zero Configuration Utility) to connect to the Internet via a
>> > Wireless
>> > Access Point.

No. I can see my AP's SSID with my Notebook (with a Wireless PC card
inserted).
Is it possible to set the AP not to broadcast it's SSID? If it is the
case, could you please advise how to make a correction?