Unable to find my Wireless Network Name although it is wor..

I am unable to locate my OWN Wireless Network Name at [View Available
Wireless Networks].
However, it is showing at:
(1) [Wireless Network Connection PROPERTIES ----Preferred Networks…]
(2) [Wireless Network Connection STATUS] as Connected & Excellent
in
Signal strength.
Any recommendations/suggestions as how to fix this problem are much
appreciated.

mtik2000

PS: OS & Adapter Info:
- MS WindowsXP Professional TC Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
-Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter (using the Windows XP Wireless
Zero Configuration Utility) to connect to the Internet via a Wireless
Access Point.
4 answers Last reply
More about unable find wireless network

    Just to make it clear, do you have the latest, greatest driver for the
    Linksys USB?
    --PA

    "mtik2000" wrote:
    > I am unable to locate my OWN Wireless Network Name at [View Available
    > Wireless Networks].
    > However, it is showing at:
    > (1) [Wireless Network Connection PROPERTIES ----Preferred Networks…]
    > (2) [Wireless Network Connection STATUS] as Connected & Excellent
    > in
    > Signal strength.
    > Any recommendations/suggestions as how to fix this problem are much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > mtik2000
    >
    > PS: OS & Adapter Info:
    > - MS WindowsXP Professional TC Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
    > -Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter (using the Windows XP Wireless
    > Zero Configuration Utility) to connect to the Internet via a Wireless
    > Access Point.

    Yes. " WUSB54Gv4". It is the same as the driver for download at the
    Manufacturer's Website.
    I can connect to the Internet as soon as I log on to WinXP Pro. But I just
    can't see my SSID inside the [View Available Wireless Networks in the range]
    window.

    "Pavel A." wrote:

    > Just to make it clear, do you have the latest, greatest driver for the
    > Linksys USB?
    > --PA
    >
    > "mtik2000" wrote:
    > > I am unable to locate my OWN Wireless Network Name at [View Available
    > > Wireless Networks].
    > > However, it is showing at:
    > > (1) [Wireless Network Connection PROPERTIES ----Preferred Networks…]
    > > (2) [Wireless Network Connection STATUS] as Connected & Excellent
    > > in
    > > Signal strength.
    > > Any recommendations/suggestions as how to fix this problem are much
    > > appreciated.
    > >
    > > mtik2000
    > >
    > > PS: OS & Adapter Info:
    > > - MS WindowsXP Professional TC Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
    > > -Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter (using the Windows XP Wireless
    > > Zero Configuration Utility) to connect to the Internet via a Wireless
    > > Access Point.

    perhaps you have set the AP not to broadcast it's ssid?

    /Niklas

    "mtik2000" <mtik2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Yes. " WUSB54Gv4". It is the same as the driver for download at the
    > Manufacturer's Website.
    > I can connect to the Internet as soon as I log on to WinXP Pro. But I
    > just
    > can't see my SSID inside the [View Available Wireless Networks in the
    > range]
    > window.
    >

    > "Pavel A." wrote:
    >
    >> Just to make it clear, do you have the latest, greatest driver for the
    >> Linksys USB?
    >> --PA
    >>
    >> "mtik2000" wrote:
    >> > I am unable to locate my OWN Wireless Network Name at [View Available
    >> > Wireless Networks].
    >> > However, it is showing at:
    >> > (1) [Wireless Network Connection PROPERTIES ----Preferred
    >> > Networks.]
    >> > (2) [Wireless Network Connection STATUS] as Connected &
    >> > Excellent
    >> > in
    >> > Signal strength.
    >> > Any recommendations/suggestions as how to fix this problem are much
    >> > appreciated.
    >> >
    >> > mtik2000
    >> >
    >> > PS: OS & Adapter Info:
    >> > - MS WindowsXP Professional TC Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
    >> > -Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter (using the Windows XP
    >> > Wireless
    >> > Zero Configuration Utility) to connect to the Internet via a
    >> > Wireless
    >> > Access Point.

    No. I can see my AP's SSID with my Notebook (with a Wireless PC card
    inserted).
    Is it possible to set the AP not to broadcast it's SSID? If it is the
    case, could you please advise how to make a correction?

    "Niklas" wrote:

    > perhaps you have set the AP not to broadcast it's ssid?
    >
    > /Niklas
    >
    > "mtik2000" <mtik2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Yes. " WUSB54Gv4". It is the same as the driver for download at the
    > > Manufacturer's Website.
    > > I can connect to the Internet as soon as I log on to WinXP Pro. But I
    > > just
    > > can't see my SSID inside the [View Available Wireless Networks in the
    > > range]
    > > window.
    > >

    > > "Pavel A." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Just to make it clear, do you have the latest, greatest driver for the
    > >> Linksys USB?
    > >> --PA

Wireless Wireless Network Connection Wireless Networking