How do you determine the block size of a Server running Wi..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 16, 2004 5:55:01 PM

How do you determine the block size of a Server running Win NT 4.0? Also, where do you go to find this info?
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 10:35:48 PM

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?bXJy?= <mrr@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: How do you determine the block size of a Server running Win NT
4.0
| Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:55:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc
|
| How do you determine the block size of a Server running Win NT 4.0? Also,
where do you go to find this info?

To which block size are you referring?

Q223140 = SMB Block Size Negotiation When Copying Files with Windows NT
Explorer
Q114841 = Windows NT Boot Process and Hard Disk Constraints (has a blurb
about LBA and block sizes)

I am sure there are other references to Block Size in NT 4.0. Please
specify where you are wanting to go.

Thanks,

Derek Wirch, MCSE+I (NT 4.0), MCP (Win2k)
Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer
Enterprise Messaging Support - Admin
Email: a-derekw@microsoft.com

Please respond in the group, so all users may benefit.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there.

SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please subscribe to the FREE Microsoft® Security Notification Service on
http://register.microsoft.com/subscription/subscribeme.... an e-mail
alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use this service to notify
subscribers when we release an important security bulletin or virus alert,
and also to make them aware that they might need to take action to guard
against a circulating threat. You should also bookmark Microsoft Security
Bulletin's page available at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet...
to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current with all security
patches visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
install patches. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
keep you up-to-date.
!