How do you determine the block size of a Server running Wi..

How do you determine the block size of a Server running Win NT 4.0? Also, where do you go to find this info?
1 answer Last reply
More about determine block size server running

    --------------------
    | From: =?Utf-8?B?bXJy?= <mrr@discussions.microsoft.com>
    | Subject: How do you determine the block size of a Server running Win NT
    4.0
    | Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:55:01 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc
    |
    | How do you determine the block size of a Server running Win NT 4.0? Also,
    where do you go to find this info?

    To which block size are you referring?

    Q223140 = SMB Block Size Negotiation When Copying Files with Windows NT
    Explorer
    Q114841 = Windows NT Boot Process and Hard Disk Constraints (has a blurb
    about LBA and block sizes)

    I am sure there are other references to Block Size in NT 4.0. Please
    specify where you are wanting to go.

    Thanks,

    Derek Wirch, MCSE+I (NT 4.0), MCP (Win2k)
    Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer
    Enterprise Messaging Support - Admin
    Email: a-derekw@microsoft.com

    Please respond in the group, so all users may benefit.

    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
    there.

    SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
    Please subscribe to the FREE Microsoft® Security Notification Service on
    http://register.microsoft.com/subscription/subscribeme.asp?ID=135 an e-mail
    alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use this service to notify
    subscribers when we release an important security bulletin or virus alert,
    and also to make them aware that they might need to take action to guard
    against a circulating threat. You should also bookmark Microsoft Security
    Bulletin's page available at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/
    to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current with all security
    patches visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
    install patches. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
    keep you up-to-date.

Microsoft Servers Windows