3rd post-same DHCP problem-Somebody help me please

Please excuse the long post, but i believe it is necessary to understand my
problem.
I am attached to the internet via a cable modem. I have 8 systems on my
workgroup, including 3 XP, 1 2K, 1 Win98, 1 Win 95 1 Linux and 2 printers.
normally only 3 nodes up at a time. I was able to easily configure and set
these up and they all work seamlessly and i never had a hitch.
Recently i added a NT box and it has been a long headache. At one point the
NT box was seing the other computers but they could not see it, which
prompted me on advice to reapply the service pack 6. Well that kind of fixed
it. Everybody was now seing everybody but now i cannot access the internet
from the NT box, plus a message on startup:
"the DHCP client obtained an IP address that is already in use on the
network, The local interface will be disabled until the DHCP client can
obtain a valid address"

out of desperation i even changed the the network card and tried everything
my limited knowledge could conceive and the problem get worst. I cannot see
other computer or access the internet any and so i give up unless someone
can throw me a rope. Somebody out there, i will appreciate any assistance to
get this to work

--
http://QLiner.com

The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.

Answered in .setup

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional