NTFS Permission

Currently I share out my d:\finance folder with Full permission to my
finance group

The problem is that sometime the file or folder is being move away to other
place or deleted.

Thus I wish I can

set the following permission to my

d:\finance shared folder and all its sub directories and files.

All finance group memebers should be able to :

1. can create file and folder
2. can update file
3 cannot delete file and folder
4. Cannot move file and folder

How should I do

Antonia Jasper wrote:

> Currently I share out my d:\finance folder with Full permission to my
> finance group
>
> The problem is that sometime the file or folder is being move away to other
> place or deleted.
>
> Thus I wish I can
>
> set the following permission to my
>
> d:\finance shared folder and all its sub directories and files.
>
> All finance group memebers should be able to :
>
> 1. can create file and folder
> 2. can update file
> 3 cannot delete file and folder
> 4. Cannot move file and folder
>
> How should I do

Well, restricting rights to delete files will almost certainly cause a
problem. Most apps need delete permissions on files to save changes to
them. As far as the folders are concerned, that's easy. Just remove
the delete permissions on the folder itself. You can propogate this to
all folders in the existing directory structure. If you need for users
to be able to create folders, you will need to add another permission
for them to be able to do that.

I haven't mentioned how specifically to do this because you haven't
mentioned what OS you are using.

hth
--
Ricardo M. Urbano