Powerpoint Help.... pls.... desperate for an answer

Could someone pleeeassse help me. (No one here can)...

I have a Powerpoint presentation, which I've completed.
I need to save the presentation to a CD (which I know how
to do).... but.... the boss wants me to save it in such a
way that when the recipient of the CD opens it, it
automatically opens and starts the presentation, without
the recipient having to go to "view slide show"...

He wants it saved so that it opens automatically, and, it
cannot be changed or altered in any way.

Please can someone help....

I need a good samaritan..

Wendy

save it as a pps file, file/save as/save as type= Power
Point Show.
once saved, right click on it, properties, general, check
the read-only box

matt

Hi Wendy,

ohhh this exciting - I have never helped anyone with a
computer problem before. But here are too thoughts...

One - there is a pack and go version of Powerpoint, which
can be found in the File menu - which creates a
powerpoint viewer so that anyone can watch the
presentation just by clicking on it. Follow the menu
instructions.

Two - Save the presentation as web pages. This actually
creates a little slide show that can be viewed through a
web browser - click once, and it pops up.

Feel free to email me with questions,

Matt, Sydney, Australia, Southern hemisphere. etc etc.

wendy.tibbits@rbc.com wrote:
> Could someone pleeeassse help me. (No one here can)...
>
> I have a Powerpoint presentation, which I've completed.
> I need to save the presentation to a CD (which I know how
> to do).... but.... the boss wants me to save it in such a
> way that when the recipient of the CD opens it, it
> automatically opens and starts the presentation, without
> the recipient having to go to "view slide show"...
>
> He wants it saved so that it opens automatically, and, it
> cannot be changed or altered in any way.
>
> Please can someone help....
>
> I need a good samaritan..
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy

Try to fiddle around with a "custom made" Autorun.inf in the "root
folder" of your CD...

You can specify an icon and the application that should be launche when
you pop in the CD...

Good Luck!

Papparotti