Digital Cameras

Diane

Have new digital camera with USB connection; cannot get it
to work. Keep getting message "USBDSC.DLL MUST BE
INSTALLED" but it is. Camera mfg tech support says
Windows NT doesn't work with USB port. Is there a fix?
HELP!

Diane wrote:
> Have new digital camera with USB connection; cannot get it
> to work. Keep getting message "USBDSC.DLL MUST BE
> INSTALLED" but it is. Camera mfg tech support says
> Windows NT doesn't work with USB port. Is there a fix?
> HELP!

The tech you've spoken to is correct Windows NT4 does not support USB.

Some manufacturers wrote drivers for their hardware but very few.

To be honest you'd be better upgrading to Windows 2000 or XP (which does
support USB)

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Calvin

Hi Dianne,

have a look at http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au/usb.htm

It will answer some of your questions. Unfortunately, if you camera maker is to
near-sighted to support NT4, there may not be much you can do, and you could be
forced into a pointless upgrade to a later version of NT - I would suggest Win2k
if you do decide to travel this path. XP is more trouble than it is worth frankly!

Calvin.