Sign in with
Your question

Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically

Last response: in Windows 7
March 10, 2011 3:31:08 PM

I have no idea what was the last thing done on this computer (it is my wifes), but I do know that every now and then there has been a disc failure, checking disc startup, but it has always had a positive outcome. Not anymore i guess.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200925
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 6
Problem Signature 07: 0x7f
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Its a ASUS Eee PC 1005P, with Windows 7 starter.

Thanks for any help NOT telling me to reinstall Windows and loose all my data :)  And this computer does not have a DVD-player unfortunatly, so reboot DVD is not an option if Im supposed to fix this myself...
March 10, 2011 6:11:18 PM

And now it keeps going into recovery mode, but I do not want to delete all my files. Help please!
m
l
March 11, 2011 6:52:10 PM

In Startup Repair please select "System Restore" and restore the system back to a couple of days before the problems started. That will fix the issues with corruption of the registry.
If that does not help, try to see if you can start in safe mode - Pressing F8 at startup will give you safe mode options.
If neither works, it's possible that it is a hardware failure of some type. most likely a MoBo failure.
If you are able to start it up in safe mode, I would grab a USB thumb drive and save what files you can.
m
l
Related resources
August 12, 2011 5:08:14 AM

I returned it to the store, as it still had guarantee/warranty.
Most likely it was a malfunction in the motherboard, but the hdd also had some issues.

Got it back, worked perfectly, sold it to a friend, he just got the same problem with the computer.
Dont know if it`s the make and model in particular, but this computer was ***.

I bought a Mac, and will never go back. (also, via the mac I was able to collect the data I wanted from the hdd of the Asus after removing the hdd and connecting it via usb. I used an old tower to supply it with voltage).
m
l
!