UPS Service

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 25, 2004 9:35:41 AM

We are having problems with one of our servers.
The UPS service will not start.
Service Packs make no difference and we are lothe to
rebuild it, as it is working perfectly in all other areas.
How do I reinstall the service?
Doing it through the control panel just comes up with a
file missing error....
Any thoughts welcome as several of us are scratching our
heads after having tried normal steps.

More about : ups service

Anonymous
June 25, 2004 6:57:07 PM

In news:2139001c45ab0$ed86b9b0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Chris <chollingworth@lotuscars.co.uk> fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
> We are having problems with one of our servers.
> The UPS service will not start.
> Service Packs make no difference and we are lothe to
> rebuild it, as it is working perfectly in all other areas.
> How do I reinstall the service?
> Doing it through the control panel just comes up with a
> file missing error....
> Any thoughts welcome as several of us are scratching our
> heads after having tried normal steps.

Have you connected the serial cable from the UPS to the Com port on the
server?

If so it may need its polarity flipping.

refer

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;131976

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;170817

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
July 8, 2004 5:59:12 AM

Yes, the cable was connected and it is the advised cable.
Unfortunately we can't flip the polarity as it says the
ups service is not installed/file missing.

!