Power supply for new system

alladinsane

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2005
Hey,

I am putting together a new system and was wondering if the power supply I am planning on using is ok. I did not want to spend too much on a psu, but I also wanted something that was not a piece of crap and that would ruin my system and eat up a ton of electricity. The system is as follows:

ABIT KN8 Ultra
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice
OCZ Gold Series 1GB DDR 400
6800 GS
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB
NEC ND-3540A
Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24bit

FSP AX450-PN ATX12V 450W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954

Thanx

Any other drives? CDRW or DVDRW? That FSP should be good with that system. Try it and if it doesn't work then you can replace. I'm not sure how much OC you can pull out of it, but it will run the system at stock speeds.

alladinsane

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2005
Thanx for replies. I am actually wondering if this drive will be power efficient and quality. I will eventually be adding a 7800 of some type and a dual core and more RAM, but no otehr drives. Also, I will not be o/cing

thanx

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The drive? I've never looked into the power efficiency of drives. The power supply was notable for being efficient not very long ago, before the competitors started getting efficient.

TRENDING THREADS