Microsoft Internet - 1000

I have a Windows NT Server 4.0 (SP6a). And I received next message in the Event Log:
Source: Microsoft Internet
ID: 1000
The description for event with a code (1000) in a source (Microsoft Internet Explorer) is not received. Probably, on a local computer there are no necessary data in the register or files DLL of messages for display of messages of the removed computer. Record of event contains the following information: iexplore.exe; 5.51.4807.2300; shlwapi.dll; 5.50.4807.2300; 00002c98.

What's the problem?

Michael S. Androsov
EXPOCENTR

Calvin

Just a quick question Michael,

Are you planning to continue posting this endless list of Event log errors for
our viewing enjoyment ?

This is the sixth such message in the last 14 days. Whilst I'm sure all the
readers/contributors to this newsgroup would agree that we are happy to help you
if you have a problem, continually sending in a string of identical messages
(only the codes change) is probably heading towards abusing the priviledge.

I would suggest that if you find the items turning up in your event log so
worrying, a read of a good book on the subject (or indeed a web site - might I
suggest http://www.eventid.net as a starting point) would be a more suitable way
for you to expand your knowledge and experience.

Calvin.

Calvin, excuse me!

Michael S. Androsov
EXPOCENTR

"Calvin" wrote:

> Just a quick question Michael,
>
> Are you planning to continue posting this endless list of Event log errors for
> our viewing enjoyment ?
>
> This is the sixth such message in the last 14 days. Whilst I'm sure all the
> readers/contributors to this newsgroup would agree that we are happy to help you
> if you have a problem, continually sending in a string of identical messages
> (only the codes change) is probably heading towards abusing the priviledge.
>
> I would suggest that if you find the items turning up in your event log so
> worrying, a read of a good book on the subject (or indeed a web site - might I
> suggest http://www.eventid.net as a starting point) would be a more suitable way
> for you to expand your knowledge and experience.
>
> Calvin.

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 01:00:02 -0700, "Michael S. Androsov"
<MichaelSAndrosov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Calvin, excuse me!

He does have a point, you know. Newsgroups should be the
source-of-last-resort. For example, if you had gone to microsoft.com and
types "event id 1000" into the search box, you'd have been well on your
way.

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
_

Certainly, I always begin the decision of problems with search in Microsoft Knowledgebase. If I do not find there enough the full description of problems, I try to use newsgroups. Probably, I not too troubled myself with other sources of knowledge. Excuse me. Further I shall try to use newsgroups only in really difficult cases.,

Michael S. Androsov
EXPOCENTR

"Kevin D. Quitt" wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 01:00:02 -0700, "Michael S. Androsov"
> <MichaelSAndrosov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >Calvin, excuse me!
>
> He does have a point, you know. Newsgroups should be the
> source-of-last-resort. For example, if you had gone to microsoft.com and
> types "event id 1000" into the search box, you'd have been well on your
> way.
>

> --
> #include <standard.disclaimer>
> _
> Kevin D Quitt USA 91387-4454 96.37% of all statistics are made up
> Per the FCA, this address may not be added to any commercial mail list

Calvin

Hi Kevin,

I'm glad at least one person recognises the point I was trying to make. The
newsgroups of this type are primarily intended to be a 'last resort' access
point for problem solving and a forum for the exchange of ideas relating to the
topic - in this case NT 4.0

It's not intended as a source of 'have your problems solved by someone else
(because I'm too lazy to do it myself)' or 'have your problem solved by someone
else (because I'm in way over my head here and shouldn't be touching this stuff
at all)'

I used to monitor several programming newsgroups, and there used to a be a
constant stream of questions along the lines of: "How do I do such-and-such
task, please provide source code' Of course most of us were wise to these
posters, and would reply with 'Kid we ain't gonna do your homework for you -
we'll point you in the right direction, but it has to be your work, not ours!'

The question(s) which triggered by outburst (sorry to the newsgroup if I was a
bit heavy handed) from what I can see, falls into this same category. I'm happy
to help with a genuine problem, but I'm not gonna do their work for them! (well
not unless they are planning to donate their salary to me :)

Calvin.

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 01:37:01 -0700, "Michael S. Androsov"
<MichaelSAndrosov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Further I shall try to use newsgroups only in really difficult cases.,

A laudable goal. But *do* continue reading them. A great deal of
expertise (and sometimes amusement) is to be had for very little cost.