Case suggestion

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
What's a good case from Newegg's selection?
I would like one that is built solid, with good airflow and space for 5 or more HDDs.
I would like it to be less than $100.

Thanks in advance

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
I could buy something around $150-170 if it included a good PSU.
Right now I own a Forton bluestorm 500W but I might sell it if the included PSU is of similar quality.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i love my Lian Li PC60.. on newegg it's called Lian Li PC60 usb2 i think. it's 99$ when i bought this case 3 yrs ago is was around 119$.

This case is unbelievable.

Just read the reviews and you'll see. I think the first or second review is one i've remembered for awhile. It's something like... "I bought this for 3 pc's and i havn't came close to switching yet"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112022

I got zero con's for this badboy.

it's a pleasure to work in.
when building the slide out motherboard tray is excellent, build everything and just slide it right in.

everything is thumb screws and it's so easy to unscrew them no tools needed.

I also added a window side panel from crazypc cause they make a special already made penel with no border.

http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=120199&Product_Code=PC8132

well i don't know what else to say... It's a big case, plenty of room, and i love the stainless steel look.

well... take a look and see how you like it.

Rob.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
oh sorry i forgot to add there is no PSU, that's another reason why i DID like this case cause i didn't wanna spend money on a case that came with a PSU cause i knew i wanted to buy a real nice PSU and usually cases don't come with great PSU's.

In your case you already got a nice 500w fortron.... I went with an Enermax, back 3 yrs ago the model i bought was like the best out of that time.. Right now im not sure on what's the best i haven't took a look...

but anyway good luck.

Rob.

RichPLS

Champion
This case is my favorite, since the SuperFlower 201T is not available anymore from Directron for $75, this LianLu is similar in features and quality, and the price is not too bad either.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Thanks for the suggestions, I already looked at those cases and they seemed like good choices with very good reviews, but I wanted to hear oppinions from somebody in the community.
Because let's be honest a lot of the people that writes the reviews are not power users, and they don't take into account the little details.

If anybody else has more suggestions keep 'em coming.

Are any of the PSUs included with cases any good?

I've seen in newegg very expensive cases with no name PSUs so I was wondering if none of the PSUs included with the cases was worth anything.

RichPLS

Champion
Are any of the PSUs included with cases any good?

I've seen in newegg very expensive cases with no name PSUs so I was wondering if none of the PSUs included with the cases was worth anything.

I vote very rarely. Usually case combo deals are for beginners looking mostly at cost and they are not the best boards or cases for that matter. Experienced users will want to select their own PSU based on usage/experience and that varies, and dealers know this.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
I vote very rarely. Usually case combo deals are for beginners looking mostly at cost and they are not the best boards or cases for that matter. Experienced users will want to select their own PSU based on usage/experience and that varies, and dealers know this.

I agree but I thought that maybe some quality cases were paired with quality PSUs (The kind of PSU that one would buy to protect the expensive components)

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
"Thanks for the suggestions, I already looked at those cases and they seemed like good choices with very good reviews, but I wanted to hear oppinions from somebody in the community. "

-------------------------------------------------------------

DuDe i am from the COMMUNITY. and i DO own this case. I'm not sure what "other" kind of review you need.

I am a frequent "Poster" on this forum for Years now.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Sorry about the misunderstanding.
What I meant was that I saw those cases at newegg and the reviews were OK but I wanted to ask here which cases were recommended, and now that I got the same kind of responses from the community I know that I can trust newegg's reviews for those cases.

Thanks again Rob!

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
most of the people on here use NEWEGG.

I wouldn't be suprised if alot of those reviews are from people on here lol.

Lian Li is a well respected case builder for years.

You won't be disappointed with it.

Im sure theres other cases out there people like.

But this is the case i'll use to build systems in for years to come.

CD

Distinguished
May 1, 2004
I just received my Thermaltake Tai Chi case on Monday. It is HUGE and heavy! I love it! It'll likely be one of the last cases I buy so I wanted something that I could easily work inside and since the price here was only $280 (converted from Swedish Crowns), it was a worth it.

Back on topic: Here are the mid-tower cases I would consider:

(most if not all without PSUs)

Thermaltake Soprano (cheap, stylish, and lighweight plus toolless design).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133147

Antec P180 (the most anticipated case in history) you can never go wrong with an Antec case. (god, I sound like thier PR rep!) lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129154

Silverstone SST-TJ05B (nice clean design, isolated PSU, toolfree)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811163038

NZXT LEXA-NP Black (beautiful case IMO with almost every feature you could want)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811146018

TRENDING THREADS