What motherboard?

after finally deciding to go after an ATI Graphics card, i need to get hold of a motherboard for my new rig, but what one!!!!

system spec so far is:

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Platinum

AMD Athlon64 4000 San Diego Retail

Radeon X1800XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

i'll also hopefully be getting 2 Raptors somewhen down the line as well.
don't want to touch Crossfire just yet, as i know there is only one board out there and it has got some bad reviews. so crossfire isn't on the list.
6 answers Last reply
More about what motherboard
  1. Read the recent Asus A8R-MVP review. Might be a good option when it hits the streets...I linked the review in another thread in here. Three current options: Epox 9NPA+ Ultra, Abit AN8 Ultra and Chaintech VNF4 Ultra. Look at price/features to make your decision...
  2. I read the A8R-MVP is a reasonably-priced, full-featured board that is not really missing any important features. Instead of the limitations of SB450, it has the advantages of ULi M1575. And this value-priced board produced the highest overclocks that we have ever seen with our OCZ Rev.2 Platinum memory and our 4000+ CPU.
  3. didn't really want to go into overclocking, but ill look at those boards, cheers for the help!
  4. If you dont care about overclocking go with the Chaintech VNF4. You just cant beat it for the money....$69 bucks at newegg....I just cant justify spending 40% to 100% more for another mobo that has the exact same chipset / performance.
  5. Actually the VNF4 is a pretty good OCer, too.
  6. Yep it sure is :wink:
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Graphics Cards Product