Win NT 4.0 Mapped Network Device Disconnected Status

Mike

Splendid

I created a network map of a shared folder which is available in a Windows NT Server 4.0 SP6 Domain Controller in a Windows 2000 Server Member Server. But after about 15 mins, the mapped network drive shows a Disconnected (red X (cross)) status. However I am able to view the contents of the shared folder by double clicking on it. But certain other applications using this share are not able to access this folder when the status is Disconnected.

I need a solution very quickly .. so plz help ..

The default timeout is 15 minutes. From a command prompt on the server side
net config server /autodisconnect:-1
for no disconnect.

Setting this from the command line may turn off auto tuning for the server
service. So a better solution is to navigate to
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

and set the Reg_DWord hex value of
"autodisconnect"=ffffffff

If "autodisconnect" doesn't exist, Add it.

(note; ffffffff = aprox. 8171 years)

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional