Sign in with
Your question

Which motherboard is the best for AMD x2 3800+

Last response: in Overclocking
November 25, 2005 10:56:50 PM

i am build my first, already made mind go with AMD x2 3800+
had a hardtime choose motherboards, can someone tell me what's the best motherboard for AMD X2 3800+ plz?

More about : motherboard amd 3800

November 25, 2005 11:30:02 PM

alot of people don't like the board im about to say, but ALOT of people DO like this board.

asus a8n.

go on newegg and check out motherboards for Socket 939, then sort the list by BEST RATED. take it from there.

good luck.
November 28, 2005 6:46:36 PM

Generally speaking, if you don't overclock, the best board is any board with the nForce 4 chipset on it.

That Asus is a good board - just don't expect to OC it. Gigabyte, Epox, DFI (more for OCers), Abit, MSI, etc., etc... pick the board with your desired options & features.

Mike.
Related resources
December 1, 2005 4:45:38 PM

I have an Asus A8N-SLI. I love it.
December 5, 2005 5:18:52 AM

I heard that the DFI boards are the best for overclocking. However, I'm using an ASUS A8N SLI - Premium on my AMD 64 x2 3800+, its a very good board and also has plenty of features for overclocking.
December 11, 2005 11:45:17 PM

Has anyone considered the new Asus A8R-MVP?

I'm a logistics guy and used to checking out new stuff, in specs pages, availability and reviews. And I've noticed that this board is very overclockable (although I didn't hear the original poster ask about this), has HD audio, RAID2, SATA2 and a bunch of other neat features, and....

is CROSS-FIRE compatible!

I am somewhat of an ATi fan (although I was willing to grudgingly accept the SLI as being l33t the past year) but besides that, I do get the impression that Cross-Fire is just a more flexible, nicer way to go than SLI.

So, if it has to be absolute, 8-phase, top-notch then I'd say the DFI Cross-Fire or the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, but if you want neat features like HD Audio and RAID5 but don't want to be left broke in the process, you'd be wise to at least check out the A8R-MVP from Asus.

Yes, I am aware than I am unable to write abridged emails. My apologies for this.

Sincerely,

Rufoid

[edit]typo's[/edit]
!