Short Map

Bob,

How did achieve that - particularly being able to display the aircraft over
the map?

John

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
>A short flight with the map that is. It's difficult to navigate by land
>navigation but the lakes and power lines show up which helps.
>
> http://img99.exs.cx/img99/7596/mmap3rc.jpg
>

> --
>
> boB
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

John May wrote:
> Bob,
>
> How did achieve that - particularly being able to display the aircraft over
> the map?
>
> John

Hi John,

The great freeware program by Matt ??????

PROGRAMS:
fsmmm110.zip - Main Program

Sectionals
us_sectionals_pack_1.zip through us_sectionals_pack_10.zip
=======================================

I just saved all the instructions posted here, put them all together and
installed the maps and the utility. Here are some quotes from Uncle
Bill that helped me a lot.:

=======================================
Install program
Unzip all d/l'ed maps, charts, etc. to a \Map folder under the program's
folder.

Start the program
Click in bottom left corner on Setup
Click on tab just to the right of Setup (on top bar)
Right click anywhere on the screen, and choose "Import Maps/Mass Import"
Select the Map folder and click OK
All the maps in your folder will be imported

Click on Map in bottom left corner
Watch map work... ;)

Bill

=======================================

I set my up in a couple of minutes. Here is basically what you have to
do:

First download a Map or sectional. I used Misty Fjords that can be
found here

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=28814

-Open the program: by double clicking the "Setup FSMMovingMap" icon

-Click lower left button 'setup'

-Choose install in FS2004 Kneeboard

-Go to second tab: 0 maps defined

-Right mouse click: Choose 'Import Map'in context menu

-Choose calibrated for SimSystem's Instruments (*.xml) There are
different type maps and you select the type you have. The Misty
Fjords sectionals are .xml type

-Browse to the folder where you installed your maps, and select one.

-Choose the relevant XML files.

-Follow and tweak the process as required. ( the help screen shows
you step by step, and there are only a couple of steps. It's the old
"RTM" stuff. It's just a matter of the program calibrating where the
map coordinates are so when you are flying it can place your aircraft
over the proper point. I flew in a remote area of Misty Fjords today,
and it even showed me where the valleys in between mountains were
located and the height of the mountains, so I could clear the tops.
All stuff that I am used to using on a Sectional, in fact you are
looking at the actual sectional which becomes the map. )

-Save!

-You're done! Go fly....and know where you are

Bob

====================================

Install program
Unzip all d/l'ed maps, charts, etc. to a \Map folder under the program's
folder.

Start the program
Click in bottom left corner on Setup
Click on tab just to the right of Setup (on top bar)
Right click anywhere on the screen, and choose "Import Maps/Mass Import"
Select the Map folder and click OK
All the maps in your folder will be imported

Click on Map in bottom left corner
Watch map work... ;)

Bill

I believe Bill wrote what files to look for at AVSIM but I can't find it
now. I think do a search on "moving map" at AVSIM and also for "Mat"
and you should find all the files.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)