Printing near edges

I have an HP 930c injet which prints fine. What I want to do is print a
document using Word 97 where some text is actually printed less than half an
inch from the edge of the bottom of the paper (A4). However the printer
stubbornly crops out any printing less than this distance, even though I can
still see the whole document in print preview. I've tried to fool the
printer, by customising size of paper to be longer than A4, and adjusting my
bottom margin downwards, but still the printing continues to be cropped once
the actual last half inch of paper remains. I've tried this technique on a
Kyocera laserjet, and it works fine, printing right up to the bottom edge,
but not the inkjet. .

Anyone suggest how I might solve the problem?

FB

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:08:58 +0100, "Frank Booth Snr"
<oldman@poodle.com> wrote:

>I have an HP 930c injet which prints fine. What I want to do is print a
>document using Word 97 where some text is actually printed less than half an
>inch from the edge of the bottom of the paper (A4). However the printer
>stubbornly crops out any printing less than this distance, even though I can
>still see the whole document in print preview. I've tried to fool the
>printer, by customising size of paper to be longer than A4, and adjusting my
>bottom margin downwards, but still the printing continues to be cropped once
>the actual last half inch of paper remains. I've tried this technique on a
>Kyocera laserjet, and it works fine, printing right up to the bottom edge,
>but not the inkjet. .
>
>Anyone suggest how I might solve the problem?

Buy a printer with a minimum margin lower than half an inch.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

If you have a wider margin on the top of your page, you might try rotating
it 180º. That's what I used to do when I had an HP. I doubt if it is capable
of printing any further on the trailing edge of the paper no matter how you
try to fool it. Imagine the new ones are different.
Lola MacLean

Frank Booth Snr wrote:
> I have an HP 930c injet which prints fine. What I want to do is print a
> document using Word 97 where some text is actually printed less than half an
> inch from the edge of the bottom of the paper (A4). However the printer
> stubbornly crops out any printing less than this distance, even though I can
> still see the whole document in print preview. I've tried to fool the
> printer, by customising size of paper to be longer than A4, and adjusting my
> bottom margin downwards, but still the printing continues to be cropped once
> the actual last half inch of paper remains. I've tried this technique on a
> Kyocera laserjet, and it works fine, printing right up to the bottom edge,
> but not the inkjet. .
>
> Anyone suggest how I might solve the problem?
>
> FB

What you want to do can not be done with a 930C. I had one. Actually I
still have it but don't use it anymore.