Web Cam

I would like to know is there any way of connecting a web
cam to a laptop using Windows NT 4 for Workstations.
Windows NT does not recognise the USB Port, can a web cam
be connected to another port?

R.Coney wrote:
> I would like to know is there any way of connecting a web
> cam to a laptop using Windows NT 4 for Workstations.
> Windows NT does not recognise the USB Port, can a web cam
> be connected to another port?

there appears to be quite a good list of web cams and video capture
devices here

http://hoople_ny.tripod.com/camera.htm

that details which are USB, parallel port, PCI and ISA that may be of
use to you?

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Calvin

Hi,

The only camera i am aware of still being made that supports NT4 is the
WatchPortV from IONetworks. Many parallel port cameras would work on NT4, but as
far as I know they have all been discontinued. (the connectix range of PP Cams
spring to mind, you may be able to obtain one second hand)

I have one of the WatchPortV USB camera (yes - USB under NT4 is possible with
this device!) and can state that it produces a first class video result and good
frame rate with modest hardware.

Have a look at the details here:

http://www.ionetworks.com/products/environmentalmonitoring/watchportv.jsp

I am not affiliated in any way with InsideOut Networks, merely a satisfied customer.

Calvin.