Serious Issue With My New x800gto

RideTheLightning

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2005
Hi all. Just brought a new system, which included a Sapphire x800GTO and i'm having a probelm when playing videos. Wheni first got the card, i attempted to install Prince Of Persia but an error occured which said something along the lines of "Can't recognize your video." When ever i try to watch a video of windows media player the picture goes crazy. All i see is a bunch of colours on my screen mixed together. Anything related to watching a video won't work.

Iv'e updated my Graphics card driver, doesn't seem to solve the problem. Other specs include: AMD 3200 Venice, Nforce 4 KN8 Ultra, 1 gig Kingsmax RAM, onboard sound.

By the way, i can play Doom 3, Halo and Guildwars on high settings with no problems at all. It's just the "video" thats messing up...and i know its not just one application, with many applications having video problems. Windows Media Player won't even work! It must be my hardware. What can i do?

Oh last thing, i ran "PC Wizard 2005" and it couldn't recognise my CPU. It said it was a AMD 5200 @ 2009 MHZ...wtf? It could be my BIOS, but im WAY to scared to muck around with that...plz help

haha i think i might know what the problem is. I slapped my motherboards Driver CD into my computer, and realised one driver i never installed. There are only 4 drivers i can see, they include:
1. nVidia nForce Chipset Driver
2. Realtek Audio Driver
3. Cool n Quiet driver
4. USB driver 2.0

I've installed everything except the nVidia Nforce Chipset and the Cool n Quiet drivers. What the hell...why isn't their a Radeon Chipset Driver? Does this MB work with nVidia only? Should i install the nVidia NForce driver even though i have a Radeon card? I'm completly lost.

RideTheLightning

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2005
I installed the nVidia drivers and i have the latest version of my graphic card driver on my system, didnt change anything :(
Any other suggestions?

PluggedN

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
sounds more like a software issue now....very strange.....for shits and giggles did you check to see you had the latest bios for your mobo?? On the boot it will tell ya the version and just check that against Msi's website. I doubt thats the prob but you gotta try everything at this point ;-)