Anyone received SP2 via Auto Update?

I keep waiting for the 'Updates are ready to install' prompt but, alas, still
no SP2.
Anyone get it yet and what is the criteria for who gets it and when? I've
updated to v5 and am ready to be be super firewalled. So where's SP2?
4 answers Last reply
More about anyone received auto update

    Around August 16. {]:~)

    For some reason my desktop just completed it. I thought it wasn't out til
    the 16th.
    "MurphMan" <MurphMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I keep waiting for the 'Updates are ready to install' prompt but, alas,
    >still
    > no SP2.
    > Anyone get it yet and what is the criteria for who gets it and when? I've
    > updated to v5 and am ready to be be super firewalled. So where's SP2?

    Not via Auto Update yet, but you can get it here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    "MurphMan" wrote:

    > I keep waiting for the 'Updates are ready to install' prompt but, alas, still
    > no SP2.
    > Anyone get it yet and what is the criteria for who gets it and when? I've
    > updated to v5 and am ready to be be super firewalled. So where's SP2?

    What do you mean by "my desktop just completed it"?
    It's definitely not available in Critical Updates as yet.

    --

    johnf

    > For some reason my desktop just completed it. I thought it wasn't out
    > til the 16th.
    > "MurphMan" <MurphMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I keep waiting for the 'Updates are ready to install' prompt but, alas,
    >> still
    >> no SP2.
    >> Anyone get it yet and what is the criteria for who gets it and when?
    >> I've updated to v5 and am ready to be be super firewalled. So where's
    >> SP2?

Microsoft Windows XP