RELIABLE Color inkjet printer needed

I am looking for a color inkjet printer that has good overall color
printing capability. Its photo capability should be (from 1 to 10) a
7, its use of ink should be in the 8 to 9 area and its reliability for
all the ink colors working without cleaning the hell out of it about a
9. The speed should be around an 7 or 8.

I would like to keep the cost at under $200. Any suggestions??

To give you an idea of what I am used to, I have an Epson 740. The
photos it makes are very acceptable (it would be nice to have that
quality). The use of the ink drives me nuts. At about $40 a pop for
refills about once a month or so, it drove me to the refill market.
Its reliability using the refills leaves something to be desired.

I had an old fairly high speed HP color inkjet (Can't remember the
model, but it was a high end home/small business $500 printer about 10
years ago) that used refills very well and was very reliable, but not
good for photos.

I have never used a Cannon or other inkjet.

In article <7ecae0a4.0410090538.62e7bd3b@posting.google.com>,
eganders@yahoo.com (Eric Anderson) wrote:

> I would like to keep the cost at under $200. Any suggestions??

Yeah. Don't look at the up front cost of the unit. Look at the TOTAL
COST OF OPERATION of the unit as it pertains to your needs.

What good is a unit that's under $200 if each print costs you a buck and
a half? Wouldn't you rather have, say, a $500 unit where each print
costs you 50 cents?

You're fooling yourself if you look solely at the purchase price of the
unit.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"Eric Anderson" <eganders@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for a color inkjet printer that has good overall color
> printing capability.
Although the Canon with its S-820 up and 900 seems to have found favour
there is that printhead unreliability always hovering: $70 a go or so when
it goes.
One of those unsung winners could definately be in the running is the C80/82
replacement the C66 and C86. It uses single pigmented cartridges and is
economical.
This will give you some idea of USA prices for carts:
http://aah-haa.com/cgi-bin/inkyusa/browse.cgi?session=17634812&view=group&group=eppig
The Las Vegas site equally has more info www.jettecusa.com
Tony
--
Inkylink JetTec UK/USA Quality - Wot others wanna-be
http://www.inkylinkusa.com/inkylinkusa.shtml UPS from Las Vegas

TRENDING THREADS