Windows NT 4.0 logon help

My boyfriend has an old computer that was on the network at his former job. We aren't able to sign onto the computer because it still thinks it's on the network. How can I get around the log in, so that I can change the administrator and computer i.d. so that this computer can be used without the OS and the already loaded programs?

You'll need to recover the local administrator
password in order to logon to the machine.
If the computer was/is a domain member
you will get a choice for domains or a drop
down list for domains. You'll need to select
the computer name once you recover the admin
password.

There are a number of different ways to recover
the password. Do a search on the web for "lost
administrator password" and you'll find plenty of
ways.
"Meretrix" <Meretrix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My boyfriend has an old computer that was on the network at his former
job. We aren't able to sign onto the computer because it still thinks
it's on the network. How can I get around the log in, so that I can
change the administrator and computer i.d. so that this computer can be
used without the OS and the already loaded programs?

Calvin

Hi,

The quickest/easiest way to reset a lost admin password. Try:

Off-Line Password Editor by Petter Nordahl-Hagen - allows you to reset the Admin
(or any other account) password if you lose it without having to reinstall the
whole OS.

Calvin