2003 Server environment vars forgetting dual processor

Hi -

Sorry for posting this in NT newsgroup. My provider does not list any 2003
Server groups.

THE PROBLEM:
I've got 2 processors running in this box.
Only 1 when I first installed the OS.
After adding second processor, the device manager see's second CPU but
environment variables and task manager performance graph do not.
I changed environment var to 2 processors and reboot and task manager perf
mon now shows 2 CPUs.
BUT this does not last. After another reboot it goes back to one CPU.
Any ideas where else I need to make the change?
Thanks!

--
Scotter

Calvin

Hi Scotter,

an upgrade to a multiprocessor environment is a little more involved than what
you have done so far. The HAL (hardware abstraction layer) and the OS Kernel
need to be changed to make NT4 recognise and use more than one processor. If you
machine started of as a single processor installation, you will be using the
uniprocessor versions of these files atm.

Have a look at: http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au/multproc.htm

The knowledgebase articles listed there (clickable links) will explain the
process, using some Microsoft supplied tools, to convert to a multiprocessor
environment.

Calvin.

Calvin

Hi,

PS: I just realised after making my statement that you were enquiring about
procedure for Server2003 - it is most likely the procedure is similar, and the
Microsoft knowledgebase articles that i noted may even give you links to similar
articles specifically written for S2003 - it is all still the same basic core
OS, so it is likely the procedure is also similar. i don';t have any personal
experience with this OS, so past what i've already said, I can't really help
further.

Calvin.