Win NT Toolbar

jeff

Could someone tell me how to get the icons to appear on the left and right side of my toolbar on my Win NT 4.0 machine.

I just did a format and re-install of the o/s and I can no longer put icons like My Computer into my toolbar.

Is there a setting I have to enable?

Thanks for any help

Jeff

Calvin

Hi Jeff,

The icons on the right side of your toolbar indicate programmes that are running
as 'background tasks'. If the programme doesn't offer a method of starting
itself 'in the background' simply add a shortcut to it into your startup group.

The icons on the left side of the taskbar (next to the Start button) are
courtesy of a feature called 'Quick Launch'. This is not native to NT4 systems.
it was added by IE 4.0 or can be manually added - te patch you are looking for
is called the 'Active Desktop' update. I suggest you cnsider carefully if this
patch is worth it. Active Desktop has long been understood as the single biggest
cause of instability on a NT4 system, and unless you have some dire reason for
requiring it, you are better off without it, in my opinion :)

Hope this helps,

Calvin.